ASIA/INDONESIA - Resignation of the Bishop of Bogor and appointment of successor
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Holy Father, on 21 November 2013, accepted the resignation from the pastoral governance of the diocese of Bogor (Indonesia), by His Exc. Mgr. Cosmas Michael Angkur, O.F.M., in accordance with the can. 401 § 1 of the Code of Canon Law. The Holy Father appointed Rev. Fr. Paskalis Bruno Syukur, O.F.M., General Councilor of the Order of Friars Minor in Rome as Bishop of the Diocese of Bogor (Indonesia).
Rev. Fr. Paskalis Bruno Syukur, O.F.M., was born on May 17, 1962 in Ranggu, in the Diocese of Ruteng, Flores Island (Indonesia). After primary school, attended the Pius X Minor Seminary in Kisol. He completed his philosophical studies at the Faculty of Driyakara Philosophy in Jakarta, he then continued his theological studies at the Faculty of Theology in Yogyakarta.
He made his solemn profession with the Minor Franciscans on January 22, 1989. He was ordained a priest on 2 February 1991.
He has held the following positions: 1991-1993: Ministry in the parish of Moanemani, diocese of Jayapura (West Papua); 1993-1996: Studies for the Licentiate in Spirituality at the Antonianum in Rome; 1996-2001: Master of Novices in Depok; 1998-2001: Guardian of the O.F.M. Community in Depok and Member of the Provincial Council; 2001-2009: Provincial Minister in Indonesia; since 2009: General Councilor O.F.M. for Asia and Oceania in Rome. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 21/11/2013)
- 2014-10-27 - First Interreligious Congress dedicated to "true brotherhood"
- 2014-10-24 - The Church supports the campaign against mining exploitation in Flores
- 2014-10-07 - Assembly of diocesan priests: attention to formation in seminaries is urgently needed
- 2014-10-03 - Monument to St. Francis Xavier in the Moluccas, a symbol of peace and unity
- 2014-09-25 - Mission, dialogue, peace: diocesan priests in National Assembly
- 2014-09-03 - Dominicans: “Dialogue as a Way of Preaching”
- 2014-07-24 - Priorities for new president Joko Widodo: stop intolerance and guarantee religious freedom
- 2014-06-17 - Presidential elections, Christians prefer Joko Widodo
- 2014-06-06 - Religious intolerance is a problem in Central Java
- 2014-04-29 - Lawyers and Islamic activists contest the application of the Sharia law to non-Muslims