AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Archbishop of Managua’s appeal to prevent dengue
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - "It is really sad to read news that a person, especially a young person, a child dies due to dengue hemorrhagic fever", said the Archbishop of Managua, Msgr. Leopoldo Brenes, in a statement sent to Fides Agency by the Diocese of Managua. He urged the entire population to join in the World Sanitation Day promoted by government authorities together with other institutions. Mgr. Brenes also added that each family must pay attention to the hygiene of their homes, to keep them clean and follow all recommendations made by local health authorities". This is not a struggle carried out exclusively by the Ministry of Health, but a challenge that concerns all Nicaraguans". " Dengue fever does not respect anyone, children, the youth, adults, the elderly, the statement said, I myself was infected by the virus 10 years ago and thank God I was treated in time. This is why I invite families to observe the highest standards of hygiene", said the Archbishop. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/11/2013)
- 2015-11-18 - Bishops meeting: Bring the Gospel to those who use "the digital world"
- 2015-10-28 - The anti-interoceanic canal march suspended, but the population still opposes
- 2015-10-19 - Mining activity in Rancho Grande is "not feasible": listen to the people and the Church
- 2015-10-12 - The Church ready to mediate in the mine issue, "no one has to die for this"
- 2015-10-08 - Clashes between police and protesters, the Church is the only intermediary
- 2015-10-07 - The support of Cardinal Brenes: "Punish those who exploit the naivety of the poor"
- 2015-09-18 - Bishops of Bluefields: "We cannot share the violence among poor peasants and indigenous"
- 2015-09-14 - Families fleeing and still clashes in Waspam, request of a Truth Commission
- 2015-09-10 - Clashes over land concern the Bishops of Bluefields: "there will be no solution if there is violence"
- 2015-07-16 - Nearly two million Central American children are undernourished