AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Archbishop of Managua’s appeal to prevent dengue
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - "It is really sad to read news that a person, especially a young person, a child dies due to dengue hemorrhagic fever", said the Archbishop of Managua, Msgr. Leopoldo Brenes, in a statement sent to Fides Agency by the Diocese of Managua. He urged the entire population to join in the World Sanitation Day promoted by government authorities together with other institutions. Mgr. Brenes also added that each family must pay attention to the hygiene of their homes, to keep them clean and follow all recommendations made by local health authorities". This is not a struggle carried out exclusively by the Ministry of Health, but a challenge that concerns all Nicaraguans". " Dengue fever does not respect anyone, children, the youth, adults, the elderly, the statement said, I myself was infected by the virus 10 years ago and thank God I was treated in time. This is why I invite families to observe the highest standards of hygiene", said the Archbishop. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/11/2013)
- 2015-01-20 - Pastoral letter: "Some people are more interested in profit than man himself"
- 2015-01-13 - Still controversy about the transoceanic canal: the Bishops call for clarity
- 2014-12-10 - Church-Government meeting on the Interoceanic Canal
- 2014-12-05 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – Electoral certificate renewal: Bishops speak out
- 2014-11-26 - The Bishops of Central America gather: Communication in the culture of encounter
- 2014-11-25 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – Transoceanic canal: Cardinal Brenes calls for transparency
- 2014-11-24 - Concern for the construction of the Canal: "I will not leave you alone" ensures the Bishop of Granada
- 2014-11-17 - The Church on the mega project of the Interoceanic Canal: "Everyone must be heard"
- 2014-10-01 - Initiatives and projects for 1400 child workers in Honduras and Nicaragua
- 2014-09-17 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – The Bishops on Law 779: the reform is urgent, the Church is not the auxiliary of the police