AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Archbishop of Managua’s appeal to prevent dengue
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - "It is really sad to read news that a person, especially a young person, a child dies due to dengue hemorrhagic fever", said the Archbishop of Managua, Msgr. Leopoldo Brenes, in a statement sent to Fides Agency by the Diocese of Managua. He urged the entire population to join in the World Sanitation Day promoted by government authorities together with other institutions. Mgr. Brenes also added that each family must pay attention to the hygiene of their homes, to keep them clean and follow all recommendations made by local health authorities". This is not a struggle carried out exclusively by the Ministry of Health, but a challenge that concerns all Nicaraguans". " Dengue fever does not respect anyone, children, the youth, adults, the elderly, the statement said, I myself was infected by the virus 10 years ago and thank God I was treated in time. This is why I invite families to observe the highest standards of hygiene", said the Archbishop. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 07/11/2013)
- 2014-09-17 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – The Bishops on Law 779: the reform is urgent, the Church is not the auxiliary of the police
- 2014-08-19 - "Assist families but without interfering in their private lives", said the Bishop of Matagalpa
- 2014-07-30 - The country awaits a word of encouragement from the Bishops
- 2014-07-22 - The Archdiocese of Managua condemns the criminal act against innocent civilians on Saturday
- 2014-06-04 - Bishops awaiting the President's reply to the questions posed
- 2014-05-22 - Dialogue between the Church and government begins: "In search of new horizons for a better Nicaragua"
- 2014-05-20 - The Church on the eve of talks with the government: problems are not solved by ignoring them
- 2014-05-14 - Bishops call for three days of prayer for the Church-Government meeting
- 2014-04-08 - Pastor killed: he was "a charismatic, sociable, cheerful priest, he inspired young people to follow Jesus Christ"
- 2014-03-26 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – The government of Ortega ready to dialogue with the Church