ASIA/JORDAN - Don Orione Opera opens a Centre for Syrian refugees
Zarqa (Agenzia Fides) - Two hundred Syrian refugee families will soon find accommodation in the Family, Youth and Refugee Centre, a new reception structure in Zarqa (Jordan) set up by the Don Orione Opera. The building was originally designed as a hostel for students, and has been adapted to accommodate the Syrian families who fled the civil war. All the reception and assistance services -reports a statement of the Opera, sent to Fides Agency - are managed by Orionines volunteers with the coordination of Don Hani Jaamel, an Orione priest of Iraqi nationality.
In the city of Zarqa, orionines volunteers in collaboration with Caritas Jordan already assist one hundred Syrian families who fled the conflict providing them food, water and two coupons per month for living expenses and medical care. A generous work that fails to meet the refugee emergency: "The refugees who ask us for help", explains Fr. Hani " are more than we can support". This situation, however, does not cause discouragement: "We continue to work", adds the Iraqi priest "following the word of Jesus, trying to help everyone without distinction, and without ever getting tired". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 04/11/2013)
- 2015-02-10 - CCSM denounces offensive drawings of Lord Jesus Christ on hookahs
- 2015-02-04 - Today masses and prayers in churches for the pilot burned alive by jihadists
- 2015-02-03 - Jordanian Minister: satirical cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad have nothing to do with Christianity
- 2015-01-22 - King Abdullah II praises the Pope: religions must not offended
- 2015-01-05 - Christian Schools welcome the Iraqis children who fled from Mosul and Nineveh Plain
- 2015-01-02 - The Grand Mufti of Jordan: the pronouncement of the "Fatwa" is reserved for authorized experts
- 2014-12-16 - More than 7,000 Christian refugees from Iraq; Caritas Jordan: "in two months we will not have anymore resources to assist them"
- 2014-12-03 - Caritas Jordan in Salt launches ”Winter Campaign”
- 2014-11-24 - Conference on Christians and "Arab Springs". Father Bader: a historical phase which was followed only by negative effects
- 2014-10-30 - King Abdullah II to Armenian President: Christians helped to build the Arab civilization