AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Social Inclusion, always together with building social peace
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "One cannot think about peace without overcoming the trauma left by the conflict", said the Director of the National Secretariat of Social Pastoral (SNPS/Caritas Colombia), Msr. Hector Fabio Hena, in his speech to the psycho-social National Congress ISEP 2013, being held in Bogota (29 and 30 October).
The note of the Episcopal Conference of Colombia sent to Fides reports that the two institutions (SNPS and the Ministry of health and social protection) are responsible for the realization of the project "Social Inclusion with Psycho- social approach" (ISEP ) for the communities involved in the armed conflict in 71 municipalities in the country.
For the Catholic Church, the ISEP projects are closely linked to the achievement of peace in the country, so they should be accompanied by processes that provide suitable conditions so that the victims are able to reintegrate into society. "The road to peace passes through the recovery of the expressions of pain and transforms them into positive mechanisms able to contribute so that this type of violence does not happen again", said Msr. Hector Fabio Henao. He concluded by stating that this difficult task of the Church fills a void that no one can fill, because it has to do with rebuilding a life. Until now, the ISEP project has succeeded in including 27,000 people. (CE) (Agenzia Fides30/10/2013)
- 2014-04-12 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA –"Schools of reconciliation" are born: initiative of the Church for young people
- 2014-04-09 - Respect for human rights for the victims of landmines
- 2014-04-03 - Indigenous children continue to die of hunger and chronic malnutrition
- 2014-03-31 - First study on hidden child victims of sexual abuse
- 2014-03-31 - Peace talks: conclusion of the 22nd session
- 2014-02-27 - We Colombians cannot be indifferent to the suffering experienced by our brothers and sisters in Venezuela
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Dialogue between two parties on equal terms, not between weak and powerful
- 2014-02-24 - Colombians deported from Venezuela: Catholic Bishops in border area dioceses work to provide assistance and promote peace
- 2014-02-21 - The army must be armored against corruption
- 2014-02-20 - The children of the Aboriginal community Wayuu continue to die of hunger