AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Social Inclusion, always together with building social peace
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "One cannot think about peace without overcoming the trauma left by the conflict", said the Director of the National Secretariat of Social Pastoral (SNPS/Caritas Colombia), Msr. Hector Fabio Hena, in his speech to the psycho-social National Congress ISEP 2013, being held in Bogota (29 and 30 October).
The note of the Episcopal Conference of Colombia sent to Fides reports that the two institutions (SNPS and the Ministry of health and social protection) are responsible for the realization of the project "Social Inclusion with Psycho- social approach" (ISEP ) for the communities involved in the armed conflict in 71 municipalities in the country.
For the Catholic Church, the ISEP projects are closely linked to the achievement of peace in the country, so they should be accompanied by processes that provide suitable conditions so that the victims are able to reintegrate into society. "The road to peace passes through the recovery of the expressions of pain and transforms them into positive mechanisms able to contribute so that this type of violence does not happen again", said Msr. Hector Fabio Henao. He concluded by stating that this difficult task of the Church fills a void that no one can fill, because it has to do with rebuilding a life. Until now, the ISEP project has succeeded in including 27,000 people. (CE) (Agenzia Fides30/10/2013)
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"
- 2014-11-20 - Archbishop Monsalve Mejia: "The general kidnapped will soon be released"
- 2014-11-19 - Every hour two children are victims of sexual abuse
- 2014-11-18 - The Church condemns the abduction of the General and urges to continue peace talks
- 2014-11-17 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Peace talks have been suspended after general abducted
- 2014-11-13 - From victims of violence to the protagonists of peace
- 2014-11-12 - At least 19 countries around the world recruit child soldiers
- 2014-11-06 - "Cali is suffering a pandemic of violence", denounces Mgr. Monsalve Mejía
- 2014-10-29 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – There is a risk of an outbreak of Chikungunya and Dengue: 4,500 cases in the last two months
- 2014-10-29 - The Colombian dioceses ask to defend the rights of the indigenous peoples of the Pacific