AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Social Inclusion, always together with building social peace
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "One cannot think about peace without overcoming the trauma left by the conflict", said the Director of the National Secretariat of Social Pastoral (SNPS/Caritas Colombia), Msr. Hector Fabio Hena, in his speech to the psycho-social National Congress ISEP 2013, being held in Bogota (29 and 30 October).
The note of the Episcopal Conference of Colombia sent to Fides reports that the two institutions (SNPS and the Ministry of health and social protection) are responsible for the realization of the project "Social Inclusion with Psycho- social approach" (ISEP ) for the communities involved in the armed conflict in 71 municipalities in the country.
For the Catholic Church, the ISEP projects are closely linked to the achievement of peace in the country, so they should be accompanied by processes that provide suitable conditions so that the victims are able to reintegrate into society. "The road to peace passes through the recovery of the expressions of pain and transforms them into positive mechanisms able to contribute so that this type of violence does not happen again", said Msr. Hector Fabio Henao. He concluded by stating that this difficult task of the Church fills a void that no one can fill, because it has to do with rebuilding a life. Until now, the ISEP project has succeeded in including 27,000 people. (CE) (Agenzia Fides30/10/2013)
- 2014-09-30 - Working with the indigenous open to inculturation: the commitment of the Apostolic Vicar of Mitu
- 2014-09-19 - Proclaiming the Gospel in an Amazonian context: the challenge for the Bishop of Puerto Leguizamo-Solano
- 2014-09-13 - The Week for Peace becomes "Year of Peace" in Cali
- 2014-08-20 - "Only mercy can make justice a reality", said Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2014-08-18 - The first 12 members of the delegation of the victims will participate in Peace Talks which take place in Cuba
- 2014-08-13 - Dialogues of Peace between the government and FARC
- 2014-08-01 - The Church: stop the violence, but do not stop peace talks
- 2014-07-28 - Guerrilla groups become political parties: for the Church this is a positive step
- 2014-07-11 - After the Bishops also international organizations denounce the serious situation in Chocò
- 2014-07-10 - The new President of the Episcopate reiterates that peace is the great challenge of the country