AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Social Inclusion, always together with building social peace
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "One cannot think about peace without overcoming the trauma left by the conflict", said the Director of the National Secretariat of Social Pastoral (SNPS/Caritas Colombia), Msr. Hector Fabio Hena, in his speech to the psycho-social National Congress ISEP 2013, being held in Bogota (29 and 30 October).
The note of the Episcopal Conference of Colombia sent to Fides reports that the two institutions (SNPS and the Ministry of health and social protection) are responsible for the realization of the project "Social Inclusion with Psycho- social approach" (ISEP ) for the communities involved in the armed conflict in 71 municipalities in the country.
For the Catholic Church, the ISEP projects are closely linked to the achievement of peace in the country, so they should be accompanied by processes that provide suitable conditions so that the victims are able to reintegrate into society. "The road to peace passes through the recovery of the expressions of pain and transforms them into positive mechanisms able to contribute so that this type of violence does not happen again", said Msr. Hector Fabio Henao. He concluded by stating that this difficult task of the Church fills a void that no one can fill, because it has to do with rebuilding a life. Until now, the ISEP project has succeeded in including 27,000 people. (CE) (Agenzia Fides30/10/2013)
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar
- 2015-05-07 - Children recruited by the FARC: they are prisoners and infected with the human papilloma virus
- 2015-05-04 - Talks resume for peace, despite the incidents and the distrust of the Colombians
- 2015-04-22 - The Episcopal Council for Peace analyzes the situation of the talks
- 2015-04-21 - Emergency for violence and attacks against minors
- 2015-04-16 - Eleven soldiers killed, the Church asks for a definitive cease-fire
- 2015-04-01 - Special care for children infected with chikungunya
- 2015-03-30 - Joy in the suffering: Sincelejo welcomes the new Bishop remembering the pastor killed
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue
- 2015-03-23 - A priest killed after a violent attempted robbery