AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Social Inclusion, always together with building social peace
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "One cannot think about peace without overcoming the trauma left by the conflict", said the Director of the National Secretariat of Social Pastoral (SNPS/Caritas Colombia), Msr. Hector Fabio Hena, in his speech to the psycho-social National Congress ISEP 2013, being held in Bogota (29 and 30 October).
The note of the Episcopal Conference of Colombia sent to Fides reports that the two institutions (SNPS and the Ministry of health and social protection) are responsible for the realization of the project "Social Inclusion with Psycho- social approach" (ISEP ) for the communities involved in the armed conflict in 71 municipalities in the country.
For the Catholic Church, the ISEP projects are closely linked to the achievement of peace in the country, so they should be accompanied by processes that provide suitable conditions so that the victims are able to reintegrate into society. "The road to peace passes through the recovery of the expressions of pain and transforms them into positive mechanisms able to contribute so that this type of violence does not happen again", said Msr. Hector Fabio Henao. He concluded by stating that this difficult task of the Church fills a void that no one can fill, because it has to do with rebuilding a life. Until now, the ISEP project has succeeded in including 27,000 people. (CE) (Agenzia Fides30/10/2013)
- 2015-01-29 - Nearly 50 000 children victims of homicide because of armed conflict
- 2015-01-26 - We need leaders who are committed and not "deaf and dumb authorities" says Mgr. Epalza
- 2014-12-22 - Even from pain comes the hope of peace, the process continues
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours