AMERICA/PERU - In one year children working and living on the streets have increased by 200%
Chiclayo (Agenzia Fides) – The report submitted by the representatives of the National Police of Peru ( PNP) was commented during the meeting between the authorities of the Regional Town Committee on Safety in which it is clear that until the month of October 2012 1,766 minors were engaged in road works or completely abandoned. In October this year the figure increased by 200%, registering 3,329 minors in the same conditions. Local authorities, including the PNP, have launched the alarm in order to avoid these children to get involved in criminal gangs, and have suggested that all institutions engage in prevention programs. The PNP have discovered 4 cases of Ecuadorian child trafficking who have already been sent back to their country of origin. During the meeting, committees were set up that will address prevention projects to be carried out. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 25/10/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking