AMERICA/PERU - In one year children working and living on the streets have increased by 200%
Chiclayo (Agenzia Fides) – The report submitted by the representatives of the National Police of Peru ( PNP) was commented during the meeting between the authorities of the Regional Town Committee on Safety in which it is clear that until the month of October 2012 1,766 minors were engaged in road works or completely abandoned. In October this year the figure increased by 200%, registering 3,329 minors in the same conditions. Local authorities, including the PNP, have launched the alarm in order to avoid these children to get involved in criminal gangs, and have suggested that all institutions engage in prevention programs. The PNP have discovered 4 cases of Ecuadorian child trafficking who have already been sent back to their country of origin. During the meeting, committees were set up that will address prevention projects to be carried out. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 25/10/2013)
- 2014-08-18 - Killed during their missionary work 23 years ago
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas