AMERICA/PERU - In one year children working and living on the streets have increased by 200%
Chiclayo (Agenzia Fides) – The report submitted by the representatives of the National Police of Peru ( PNP) was commented during the meeting between the authorities of the Regional Town Committee on Safety in which it is clear that until the month of October 2012 1,766 minors were engaged in road works or completely abandoned. In October this year the figure increased by 200%, registering 3,329 minors in the same conditions. Local authorities, including the PNP, have launched the alarm in order to avoid these children to get involved in criminal gangs, and have suggested that all institutions engage in prevention programs. The PNP have discovered 4 cases of Ecuadorian child trafficking who have already been sent back to their country of origin. During the meeting, committees were set up that will address prevention projects to be carried out. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 25/10/2013)
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps