AMERICA/HONDURAS - "Children in Christ, firm in Faith", 20,000 letters to the Pope for the National Day of Missionary Childhood
Juticalpa (Agenzia Fides) - On October 20, the National Day of Missionary Childhood will conclude. Among the initiatives of the Diocese of Juticalpa, the department of Olancho, the largest in Honduras, the authorities has established a day to collect 20,000 letters written by children of the eastern department of the Country to be sent to Pope Francis. The event, whose theme is "Niños en Christ, Firmes en la Fe", will be attended by members of Missionary Childhood, children who follow catechesis, groups and pupils of Catholic educational centers as well as any other child who wants to write to the Holy Father. The bishop, Msg. José Bonello, said that the initiative has the goal to allow children to get close to the successor of Peter and that their participation in the elaboration of the letters will be "the sign with which the young children recognize and admire the love Pope Francis has towards them". Hundreds of children took part in the celebration of the Eucharist in the Cathedral "Inmaculada Concepción", presided over by Msg.Luigi Bianco, Apostolic Nuncio in Honduras, during which the first letters were collected. "I thank everyone, priests, religious and laity for the affection towards our Pastor, and especially you children, who are the loving face of Christ for the world", said the nuncio. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 11/10/2013)
- 2015-10-02 - Honduran Missionary receives an award for human rights
- 2015-09-23 - Mgr. Emiliani denounces the "violent reactions in the face of any situation"
- 2015-09-21 - "Honduras is sick of hate", warns Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga
- 2015-09-09 - Children resist famine thanks to school snacks
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light
- 2015-07-03 - The Bishops offer their support to dialogue for social peace
- 2015-06-27 - The Church: "politics without corruption"