ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The Philippine Church reflects on the "new evangelization" in Asia
Manila (Agenzia Fides) - With a remarkable international conference, dedicated to the "new evangelization" and proclaimed by the Archbishop of Manila, Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle, the Church of the Philippines stops to reflect on its unique contribution to the work of "new evangelization", especially in Asia. As announced in a note sent to Fides, the conference , which will be attended by about 5,000 representatives from dioceses all over the country and from other Asian countries, will be held from October 16 to 18 at the University of Santo Tomas in Manila and will be structured in three intense days, full of catechesis, workshops, discussions". This is the culminating event of the Year of Faith in the Archdiocese of Manila", explained Cardinal Tagle, who recalled how "the Church in the Philippines has always had a prominent missionary role in Asia. For this reason we have invited Bishops, priests and representatives of other Asian Churches ", such as delegates from Taiwan, Vietnam, Myanmar and Brunei.
According to the schedule of the conference activities, sent to Fides, the first day (16 October ) is entitled "Come and see" (from John 1, 39) and focuses on the theme of the encounter with God. The channels to meet God are the Word of God, prayer, the paths of beauty and art, but also "new media". The second day (October 17 , titled "Stay with us" (Luke 24:29), focuses on places of communion and renewal in the church, such as: integral formation, liturgy, empowerment of the laity, consecrated life, service to the poor, family, youth, ecumenism and interreligious dialogue, mission ad gentes.
On the final day of the conference (October 18 ), the theme is "Duc in altum" (Lk 5:4) and will speak specifically of the mission. Cardinal Tagle will hold a "lectio magistralis" regarding "The missionary dimension of evangelization", which will then be the object of comparison for groups of Catholic catechists and educators; laity and ecclesial communities; Caritas workers; families; pastors and community leaders; the consecrated; youth. The conference well end with a solemn Eucharist in which those present will renew their baptismal promises, and a procession through the streets of Manila will be held. There will also be a message from Pope Francis. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 09/10/2013)
- 2015-06-25 - "Laudati Sì" a source of inspiration for dialogue and for the care of creation
- 2015-06-22 - Cardinal Quevedo: "The disarmament of Islamic guerrillas is an important step for peace"
- 2015-06-02 - Message from the "Silsilah" movement: a Ramadan of peace in Mindanao
- 2015-05-26 - Bishops: "Laity and parishes have to act in order to combat modern slavery"
- 2015-05-19 - "Ready to welcome the Rohingya migrants": State and Church agree
- 2015-05-18 - Building peace remembering martyr Claretian Rhoel Gallardo
- 2015-05-13 - Education and aid to the poor at the Luigi Caburlotto school
- 2015-05-13 - The construction of a new shelter for the poor has begun
- 2015-05-08 - The Village of Harmony has been giving an example of "life-in-dialogue" in southern Philippines for 25 years
- 2015-04-24 - Islamic and Christian religious leaders: "Necessity to review the Bangasamoro Basic Law"