AMERICA/BRAZIL - The invitation of the PMS: The mission must rely on the dynamism and generosity of the youth
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - "Youth in Mission" is the theme of the 2013 missionary campaign that the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of Brazil submitted to the national press along with a rich program of initiatives for the celebration of the missionary month of October.
As every year, the campaign aims to draw the attention of Christians with regards to their commitment to the universal mission of the Church. "The mission must rely on the dynamism and generosity of youth", says Father Marcelo Gualberto, National Secretary of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith, in a statement sent to Fides Agency, which launched a call for greater involvement of young people in the mission throughout Brazil.
The Campaign of the missionary month this year sees a number of digital proposals on the web, such as several videos prepared by the staff of the national PMS in Brazil that have been proposed also on social networks. All the subsidies have already been sent to the 276 dioceses and prelatures of Brazil, and it is not just posters, printed publications and leaflets with the prayers of the faithful, but also DVDs with testimonies. The material can be downloaded from the portal of the PMS. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/10/2013)
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016
- 2014-06-24 - "Mission to relieve" the missionary campaign against human trafficking in persons
- 2014-06-23 - The tragedy of child prostitution behind the glitz of the World Cup
- 2014-06-17 - Social inclusion and missionary work, the commitment of the Church in Brazil for Haiti continues
- 2014-06-12 - The World Cup begins with a "Red Card to Child Labour"