AMERICA/BRAZIL - The invitation of the PMS: The mission must rely on the dynamism and generosity of the youth
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - "Youth in Mission" is the theme of the 2013 missionary campaign that the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of Brazil submitted to the national press along with a rich program of initiatives for the celebration of the missionary month of October.
As every year, the campaign aims to draw the attention of Christians with regards to their commitment to the universal mission of the Church. "The mission must rely on the dynamism and generosity of youth", says Father Marcelo Gualberto, National Secretary of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith, in a statement sent to Fides Agency, which launched a call for greater involvement of young people in the mission throughout Brazil.
The Campaign of the missionary month this year sees a number of digital proposals on the web, such as several videos prepared by the staff of the national PMS in Brazil that have been proposed also on social networks. All the subsidies have already been sent to the 276 dioceses and prelatures of Brazil, and it is not just posters, printed publications and leaflets with the prayers of the faithful, but also DVDs with testimonies. The material can be downloaded from the portal of the PMS. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/10/2013)
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved