AMERICA/BRAZIL - The invitation of the PMS: The mission must rely on the dynamism and generosity of the youth
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - "Youth in Mission" is the theme of the 2013 missionary campaign that the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of Brazil submitted to the national press along with a rich program of initiatives for the celebration of the missionary month of October.
As every year, the campaign aims to draw the attention of Christians with regards to their commitment to the universal mission of the Church. "The mission must rely on the dynamism and generosity of youth", says Father Marcelo Gualberto, National Secretary of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith, in a statement sent to Fides Agency, which launched a call for greater involvement of young people in the mission throughout Brazil.
The Campaign of the missionary month this year sees a number of digital proposals on the web, such as several videos prepared by the staff of the national PMS in Brazil that have been proposed also on social networks. All the subsidies have already been sent to the 276 dioceses and prelatures of Brazil, and it is not just posters, printed publications and leaflets with the prayers of the faithful, but also DVDs with testimonies. The material can be downloaded from the portal of the PMS. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/10/2013)
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform
- 2014-10-27 - Beatification of the co-founder of the Scalabrinians: "May the whole Church be missionary of truth, mother Assunta did it"
- 2014-10-27 - Dilma Rousseff re-elected President with a narrow margin: she will have to face recession, corruption and discontent
- 2014-10-24 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Bishops’ statement: "No backtrack on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples"
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"
- 2014-09-02 - Bishops’ Conference promotes television debate between candidates for Presidency
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins