AMERICA/BRAZIL - The invitation of the PMS: The mission must rely on the dynamism and generosity of the youth
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - "Youth in Mission" is the theme of the 2013 missionary campaign that the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of Brazil submitted to the national press along with a rich program of initiatives for the celebration of the missionary month of October.
As every year, the campaign aims to draw the attention of Christians with regards to their commitment to the universal mission of the Church. "The mission must rely on the dynamism and generosity of youth", says Father Marcelo Gualberto, National Secretary of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith, in a statement sent to Fides Agency, which launched a call for greater involvement of young people in the mission throughout Brazil.
The Campaign of the missionary month this year sees a number of digital proposals on the web, such as several videos prepared by the staff of the national PMS in Brazil that have been proposed also on social networks. All the subsidies have already been sent to the 276 dioceses and prelatures of Brazil, and it is not just posters, printed publications and leaflets with the prayers of the faithful, but also DVDs with testimonies. The material can be downloaded from the portal of the PMS. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/10/2013)
- 2014-04-07 - CIMI delivers a document on the suffering of the indigenous peoples of the Amazon to the Pope
- 2014-04-04 - "He taught us that in order for the Gospel to be proclaimed it must be acculturated": Brazil and Spain in celebration for the canonization of "Father Anchieta"
- 2014-04-02 - "For a future in freedom and democracy": Bishops' message after 50 years since the military coup
- 2014-03-26 - The Brazilian Church accompanies the World Cup inviting to combat trafficking
- 2014-03-04 - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
- 2014-02-17 - "Play for Life": thousands of religious mobilize against human trafficking
- 2014-02-06 - Cardinal Filoni: "The announcement ad gentes is part of the responsibility that all the particular Churches have toward Christ"
- 2014-02-04 - Cardinal Filoni to Brazilian Bishops: The II Vatican Council and the missionary dimension of the Church
- 2014-02-03 - 50 years since the II Vatican Council: missionary commitment, consecrated life, episcopal ministry of Bishops
- 2014-01-23 - Prisons do not re-educate and are in crisis: intervention of the Archbishop of Rio