AMERICA/BRAZIL - The invitation of the PMS: The mission must rely on the dynamism and generosity of the youth
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - "Youth in Mission" is the theme of the 2013 missionary campaign that the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of Brazil submitted to the national press along with a rich program of initiatives for the celebration of the missionary month of October.
As every year, the campaign aims to draw the attention of Christians with regards to their commitment to the universal mission of the Church. "The mission must rely on the dynamism and generosity of youth", says Father Marcelo Gualberto, National Secretary of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith, in a statement sent to Fides Agency, which launched a call for greater involvement of young people in the mission throughout Brazil.
The Campaign of the missionary month this year sees a number of digital proposals on the web, such as several videos prepared by the staff of the national PMS in Brazil that have been proposed also on social networks. All the subsidies have already been sent to the 276 dioceses and prelatures of Brazil, and it is not just posters, printed publications and leaflets with the prayers of the faithful, but also DVDs with testimonies. The material can be downloaded from the portal of the PMS. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/10/2013)
- 2015-11-25 - National school feeding program to improve the living conditions of children and farmers
- 2015-11-23 - The presence of foreign missionaries enriches the Church in Brazil
- 2015-11-13 - Two more religious missionary nuns sent to Haiti: they will help children, youth and families
- 2015-10-30 - Bishops' message: Crisis in the country worsens, dialogue and democracy are needed
- 2015-10-20 - "Scalabrinian Mission": opening of a new reception center for refugees in Sao Paulo
- 2015-10-14 - "The wealth of Brazil should be better distributed" asks Mgr. Nicioli
- 2015-10-10 - The Church: it is urgent to save abandoned children and adolescents who have disappeared
- 2015-09-16 - "How many people have to die before they have justice?", since 1983 at least 50 indigenous leaders have been killed
- 2015-09-15 - Preparation for World Mission Sunday 2015 begins
- 2015-09-14 - Early Marriages: still half a million young newlyweds between 15 to 17 years of age