AMERICA/MEXICO - Another 100 dengue cases have been registered in one week
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides) - Until the end of September about two thousand cases of dengue were recorded in the State of Nuevo León. This was stated by local Ministry of Health that has launched an alert for at least another 100 new cases. Among the main causes of the epidemic is the humidity left by torrential rains in the municipalities, and the hurricane "Ingrid". This is an increase of nearly nine times greater than the levels of 2010, after the hurricane "Alex", when 226 cases of infection were recorded. Health authorities have urged the population emphasizing the importance of cleaning and removal of waste from homes in order to control the disease. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/10/2013)
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase