AMERICA/MEXICO - Another 100 dengue cases have been registered in one week
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides) - Until the end of September about two thousand cases of dengue were recorded in the State of Nuevo León. This was stated by local Ministry of Health that has launched an alert for at least another 100 new cases. Among the main causes of the epidemic is the humidity left by torrential rains in the municipalities, and the hurricane "Ingrid". This is an increase of nearly nine times greater than the levels of 2010, after the hurricane "Alex", when 226 cases of infection were recorded. Health authorities have urged the population emphasizing the importance of cleaning and removal of waste from homes in order to control the disease. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/10/2013)
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations