AMERICA/MEXICO - Another 100 dengue cases have been registered in one week
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides) - Until the end of September about two thousand cases of dengue were recorded in the State of Nuevo León. This was stated by local Ministry of Health that has launched an alert for at least another 100 new cases. Among the main causes of the epidemic is the humidity left by torrential rains in the municipalities, and the hurricane "Ingrid". This is an increase of nearly nine times greater than the levels of 2010, after the hurricane "Alex", when 226 cases of infection were recorded. Health authorities have urged the population emphasizing the importance of cleaning and removal of waste from homes in order to control the disease. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/10/2013)
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children