AMERICA/MEXICO - Another 100 dengue cases have been registered in one week
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides) - Until the end of September about two thousand cases of dengue were recorded in the State of Nuevo León. This was stated by local Ministry of Health that has launched an alert for at least another 100 new cases. Among the main causes of the epidemic is the humidity left by torrential rains in the municipalities, and the hurricane "Ingrid". This is an increase of nearly nine times greater than the levels of 2010, after the hurricane "Alex", when 226 cases of infection were recorded. Health authorities have urged the population emphasizing the importance of cleaning and removal of waste from homes in order to control the disease. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/10/2013)
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration