AMERICA/MEXICO - Another 100 dengue cases have been registered in one week
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides) - Until the end of September about two thousand cases of dengue were recorded in the State of Nuevo León. This was stated by local Ministry of Health that has launched an alert for at least another 100 new cases. Among the main causes of the epidemic is the humidity left by torrential rains in the municipalities, and the hurricane "Ingrid". This is an increase of nearly nine times greater than the levels of 2010, after the hurricane "Alex", when 226 cases of infection were recorded. Health authorities have urged the population emphasizing the importance of cleaning and removal of waste from homes in order to control the disease. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 04/10/2013)
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States