AMERICA/COLOMBIA - 14 million poor people across the Country
Cali (Agenzia Fides) – About 32.2% of the total population of the Country lives in conditions of extreme poverty. From the data collected from July 2012 to June 2013 by the National Administrative Department of Statistics (DANE) what emerged was that in Colombia, about 47 million inhabitants, 14 million and 600 thousand are poor and among them more than 4 million live in conditions of extreme poverty. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/10/2013)
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"
- 2014-11-20 - Archbishop Monsalve Mejia: "The general kidnapped will soon be released"
- 2014-11-19 - Every hour two children are victims of sexual abuse
- 2014-11-18 - The Church condemns the abduction of the General and urges to continue peace talks
- 2014-11-17 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Peace talks have been suspended after general abducted
- 2014-11-13 - From victims of violence to the protagonists of peace
- 2014-11-12 - At least 19 countries around the world recruit child soldiers
- 2014-11-06 - "Cali is suffering a pandemic of violence", denounces Mgr. Monsalve Mejía
- 2014-10-29 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – There is a risk of an outbreak of Chikungunya and Dengue: 4,500 cases in the last two months
- 2014-10-29 - The Colombian dioceses ask to defend the rights of the indigenous peoples of the Pacific