AMERICA/COLOMBIA - 14 million poor people across the Country
Cali (Agenzia Fides) – About 32.2% of the total population of the Country lives in conditions of extreme poverty. From the data collected from July 2012 to June 2013 by the National Administrative Department of Statistics (DANE) what emerged was that in Colombia, about 47 million inhabitants, 14 million and 600 thousand are poor and among them more than 4 million live in conditions of extreme poverty. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/10/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Peace process: no need to hasten the signing without verifying the international law
- 2015-11-21 - The Church: need to clarify the referendum to have lasting peace
- 2015-11-19 - "There are connections between the conflicts in the Middle East and environmental issues" says a Jesuit
- 2015-11-16 - Poverty on the rise in Santa Fe and Chapinero: daily wage and lack of retirement among the causes
- 2015-11-12 - Meeting of the Pan-Amazonian Network: necessity to listen to indigenous peoples to protect creation
- 2015-10-20 - Mgr. Castro Quiroga: "The opening of dialogue with ELN is positive news"
- 2015-10-19 - "Pope Francis" food bank for needy families in Villavicencio
- 2015-10-09 - Cardinal Pimiento: "Vote-buying is a crime"
- 2015-10-02 - Become peacemakers: 400 priests offer the opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation
- 2015-09-24 - Colombia towards peace through the path of reconciliation