AMERICA/COLOMBIA - 14 million poor people across the Country
Cali (Agenzia Fides) – About 32.2% of the total population of the Country lives in conditions of extreme poverty. From the data collected from July 2012 to June 2013 by the National Administrative Department of Statistics (DANE) what emerged was that in Colombia, about 47 million inhabitants, 14 million and 600 thousand are poor and among them more than 4 million live in conditions of extreme poverty. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/10/2013)
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar
- 2015-05-07 - Children recruited by the FARC: they are prisoners and infected with the human papilloma virus
- 2015-05-04 - Talks resume for peace, despite the incidents and the distrust of the Colombians
- 2015-04-22 - The Episcopal Council for Peace analyzes the situation of the talks
- 2015-04-21 - Emergency for violence and attacks against minors