AMERICA/COLOMBIA - 14 million poor people across the Country
Cali (Agenzia Fides) – About 32.2% of the total population of the Country lives in conditions of extreme poverty. From the data collected from July 2012 to June 2013 by the National Administrative Department of Statistics (DANE) what emerged was that in Colombia, about 47 million inhabitants, 14 million and 600 thousand are poor and among them more than 4 million live in conditions of extreme poverty. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/10/2013)
- 2015-07-31 - Day of Protest against human trafficking: child soldiers still used by FARC
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez