AMERICA/COLOMBIA - El Ángel de la calle: support for indigenous children and young people with disabilities
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The program "El Ángel de la calle" broadcast by Cable Noticias, Colombian television channel which deals with the basic problems of the Colombians. According to local sources, among these the Centro Integral La Luz del Mundo, through music, sports and educational support offers special attention to children and young people most in need. Another recent problem addressed is in favor of children, youth and adults with disabilities, through the Fundación Social Ejemplos de Vida. The community work of the Centro de Apoyo Integral La Luz del Mundo started about 12 years ago in the village Santa Rita, which is situated in Suba District in Bogota. The Fundación Social Ejemplos de Vida has been carrying out activities for the integration of disabled people for about eight years, such as music workshops, culture and crafts. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/10/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Peace process: no need to hasten the signing without verifying the international law
- 2015-11-21 - The Church: need to clarify the referendum to have lasting peace
- 2015-11-19 - "There are connections between the conflicts in the Middle East and environmental issues" says a Jesuit
- 2015-11-16 - Poverty on the rise in Santa Fe and Chapinero: daily wage and lack of retirement among the causes
- 2015-11-12 - Meeting of the Pan-Amazonian Network: necessity to listen to indigenous peoples to protect creation
- 2015-10-20 - Mgr. Castro Quiroga: "The opening of dialogue with ELN is positive news"
- 2015-10-19 - "Pope Francis" food bank for needy families in Villavicencio
- 2015-10-09 - Cardinal Pimiento: "Vote-buying is a crime"
- 2015-10-02 - Become peacemakers: 400 priests offer the opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation
- 2015-09-24 - Colombia towards peace through the path of reconciliation