AMERICA/COLOMBIA - El Ángel de la calle: support for indigenous children and young people with disabilities
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The program "El Ángel de la calle" broadcast by Cable Noticias, Colombian television channel which deals with the basic problems of the Colombians. According to local sources, among these the Centro Integral La Luz del Mundo, through music, sports and educational support offers special attention to children and young people most in need. Another recent problem addressed is in favor of children, youth and adults with disabilities, through the Fundación Social Ejemplos de Vida. The community work of the Centro de Apoyo Integral La Luz del Mundo started about 12 years ago in the village Santa Rita, which is situated in Suba District in Bogota. The Fundación Social Ejemplos de Vida has been carrying out activities for the integration of disabled people for about eight years, such as music workshops, culture and crafts. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/10/2013)
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency
- 2014-11-26 - Peace talks in Cuba must continue
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"