AMERICA/COLOMBIA - El Ángel de la calle: support for indigenous children and young people with disabilities
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The program "El Ángel de la calle" broadcast by Cable Noticias, Colombian television channel which deals with the basic problems of the Colombians. According to local sources, among these the Centro Integral La Luz del Mundo, through music, sports and educational support offers special attention to children and young people most in need. Another recent problem addressed is in favor of children, youth and adults with disabilities, through the Fundación Social Ejemplos de Vida. The community work of the Centro de Apoyo Integral La Luz del Mundo started about 12 years ago in the village Santa Rita, which is situated in Suba District in Bogota. The Fundación Social Ejemplos de Vida has been carrying out activities for the integration of disabled people for about eight years, such as music workshops, culture and crafts. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 03/10/2013)
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar