AMERICA - New portal at the service of migrants: an American initiative
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "Combining the efforts of various organizations working for and with migrants in order to strengthen the services offered in the evangelizing mission in a space-communion, to give useful information to migrants, in order to answer concerns that they face, temporarily or permanently": This is what we read in the presentation of the new Internet portal of CELAM (Latin American Episcopal Council) at the service of migrants.
The note that informs about the opening of the portal, sent to Fides Agency, also refers to its objectives: "To build and promote the service to migrants in different countries, to propose a bond that will help them to identify themselves in society and in the Church that welcomes them without abandoning the roots of their country, their culture, their faith, and preserving their cultural identity". The initiative wants to "collaborate in the formulation of public policies at a national, regional and international level for migrants, refugees and the displaced".
On the portal you can see photos of the various reception centers, such as the House of the migrant "Hogar de la Misericordia" in Mexico (see Fides 23/09/2013); a section is dedicated to the fight against human trafficking (see Fides 20/09/2013); and much more material is available. The initiative, promoted by CELAM with the support of the Episcopal Conference of the United States of America, aims to offer an information service, contact and communion, as well as religious formation and support, social and cultural development. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 30/09/2013)
- 2015-04-16 - Bishops Emeritus continue to give their contribution
- 2015-04-16 - Almost 4 million children in Latin America do not have access to primary school
- 2015-03-17 - Human rights and extractive industries in Latin America: the position of the Church
- 2015-03-06 - Pan-Amazon Ecclesial Network: For Mgr. Barreto the life of 30 million people is at stake
- 2015-01-15 - New web portal of CELAM, to reach the "suburbs" of the continent
- 2015-01-02 - Drastic increase of children who try to escape from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador
- 2014-12-11 - The new land of the "landless", a living and current history
- 2013-12-12 - AMERICA – On the feast of our Lady of Guadalupe, CELAM renews its website
- 2013-11-07 - The Meeting of Guadalupe closes the Year of Faith in the continent
- 2013-09-30 - New portal at the service of migrants: an American initiative