ASIA/CHINA - Franciscan Missionaries of the Sacred Heart of Jesus: 90th anniversary of the founding
Xi An (Agenzia Fides) – Return to the original charism, renewal, dedication and evangelization: are the four themes chosen for the celebrations of the 90th anniversary of the founding of the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, of the Archdiocese of Xi An in the province of Shaan Xi, in mainland China. More than 230 religious women returned to the mother house from their missions scattered throughout China to take part in this event. The Mass was concelebrated by about fifty priests and took place on 17 September, with the participation of over 500 lay people, including the collaborators of the religious in mission and pastoral activities.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, during the 4 days of celebrations, the nuns deepened three themes: the history and charism of the congregation, consecrated life, their mission. In addition to moments of prayer and the exchange of experiences, the nuns themselves prepared a representation in three acts to share their story and their mission with those present.
The Congregation of the Franciscan Missionaries of the Sacred Heart of Jesus was founded by Sister Wang Wen Qing with the support and the help of His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Massi, OFM, Bishop of the Diocese of Zhong Jing, and Fr. Ormazabal Francisco, OFM. Today, the sisters are engaged in pastoral care and in social service and health care, they have an orphanage, clinic, service center for AIDS patients and lepers. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 27/09/2013)
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men
- 2014-11-05 - After years of waiting, the small community of Lai Gang has its own chapel
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses