ASIA/CHINA - Franciscan Missionaries of the Sacred Heart of Jesus: 90th anniversary of the founding
Xi An (Agenzia Fides) – Return to the original charism, renewal, dedication and evangelization: are the four themes chosen for the celebrations of the 90th anniversary of the founding of the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, of the Archdiocese of Xi An in the province of Shaan Xi, in mainland China. More than 230 religious women returned to the mother house from their missions scattered throughout China to take part in this event. The Mass was concelebrated by about fifty priests and took place on 17 September, with the participation of over 500 lay people, including the collaborators of the religious in mission and pastoral activities.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, during the 4 days of celebrations, the nuns deepened three themes: the history and charism of the congregation, consecrated life, their mission. In addition to moments of prayer and the exchange of experiences, the nuns themselves prepared a representation in three acts to share their story and their mission with those present.
The Congregation of the Franciscan Missionaries of the Sacred Heart of Jesus was founded by Sister Wang Wen Qing with the support and the help of His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Massi, OFM, Bishop of the Diocese of Zhong Jing, and Fr. Ormazabal Francisco, OFM. Today, the sisters are engaged in pastoral care and in social service and health care, they have an orphanage, clinic, service center for AIDS patients and lepers. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 27/09/2013)
- 2015-05-26 - Pentecost of the Chinese community, on the Day of Prayer for China
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life
- 2015-05-06 - In the month of Mary: pilgrimage to enrich faith, respecting environment, recalling the commitment missionary
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city