ASIA/CHINA - Franciscan Missionaries of the Sacred Heart of Jesus: 90th anniversary of the founding
Xi An (Agenzia Fides) – Return to the original charism, renewal, dedication and evangelization: are the four themes chosen for the celebrations of the 90th anniversary of the founding of the Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, of the Archdiocese of Xi An in the province of Shaan Xi, in mainland China. More than 230 religious women returned to the mother house from their missions scattered throughout China to take part in this event. The Mass was concelebrated by about fifty priests and took place on 17 September, with the participation of over 500 lay people, including the collaborators of the religious in mission and pastoral activities.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, during the 4 days of celebrations, the nuns deepened three themes: the history and charism of the congregation, consecrated life, their mission. In addition to moments of prayer and the exchange of experiences, the nuns themselves prepared a representation in three acts to share their story and their mission with those present.
The Congregation of the Franciscan Missionaries of the Sacred Heart of Jesus was founded by Sister Wang Wen Qing with the support and the help of His Exc. Mgr. Eugenio Massi, OFM, Bishop of the Diocese of Zhong Jing, and Fr. Ormazabal Francisco, OFM. Today, the sisters are engaged in pastoral care and in social service and health care, they have an orphanage, clinic, service center for AIDS patients and lepers. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 27/09/2013)
- 2014-03-07 ASIA/CHINA - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
- 2014-02-19 ASIA/CHINA - Formation: priority commitment of the Catholic community for the new year
- 2014-02-12 ASIA/CHINA - 2014 "Year of the Gospel" in the parish of Xi Liu Lin
- 2014-01-30 ASIA/CHINA - Chinese New Year: opportunity for vocational pastoral ministry and evangelization
- 2014-01-28 ASIA/CHINA - 25 years of priesthood for some of the first priests ordained after the Cultural Revolution
- 2014-01-23 ASIA/CHINA - The Catholic community intensifies the works of charity and evangelization in view of the Chinese New Year
- 2014-01-17 ASIA/CHINA - "Heart to Heart": a heart that continues to beat to support the vocational path
- 2014-01-14 ASIA/CHINA - New priests at the beginning of the year, a sign of hope for the mission