ASIA/JORDAN - A library for the University of Madaba
Madaba (Agenzia Fides) - Among the projects that the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem has decided to support in the near future, according to the program already foreshadowed for the second half of 2013, there is also the construction of the library of the American University of Madaba. A building of 3000 square meters, built on four floors, two conference rooms and computer services, built with advanced architectural criteria and at the same time respectful of the Middle Eastern style, which can accommodate 500 students in its facilities.
The American University of Madaba, AUM is affiliated to the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem of which Pope Benedict blessed the first stone on May 9, 4 years ago. The new university institution opened its stutture as early as October 2011. Students today are about 800, but at full capacity, the University can accommodate 8 thousand. There are about twenty educational programs activated, concentrated in the areas of information technology, economic sciences and medical-health care. The Latin Patriarchate has contributed significantly to the building of the university. The Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem is a member of the Board of Directors, which now manages the University independently with regards to the academic and financial point of view, on the pattern of other Middle Eastern University accredited by the U.S. university certification bodies.
As pointed out in a note by the Patriarchate, sent to Fides, the American University of Madaba represents the natural continuation of the educational service supported by the Patriarchate in Jordan, where 500 students graduate each year. (GV ) (Agenzia Fides 25/09/2013)
- 2014-09-17 - King Abdullah II: we will do our best to increase the presence of Arab Christians
- 2014-08-22 - Caritas Jordan welcomes Iraqi Christians put to flight by the jihadists of the Islamic State (IS)
- 2014-06-26 - Caritas distributes aid to poor Muslim families before the start of Ramadan
- 2014-06-24 - A thousand children born in the refugee camp in Zaatari. The director of Caritas: we give them a future
- 2014-05-21 - Syrian refugees await Pope Francis. The director of Caritas Jordan: they hope that the world will remember them
- 2014-05-19 - 1,400 children to receive first communion at Pope-led mass at the Amman Stadium
- 2014-05-15 - The relatives of the martyr, Archbishop Rahho write to the Pope on the eve of his pilgrimage to the Holy Land
- 2014-05-03 - A special prayer for the Pope's pilgrimage to the Holy Land
- 2014-04-14 - The director of Caritas: among the refugees, the number of Christians increases
- 2014-03-29 - ASIA/JORDAN – The parish of Zarqa is the first to acquire a "solar energy system"