ASIA/JORDAN - A library for the University of Madaba
Madaba (Agenzia Fides) - Among the projects that the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem has decided to support in the near future, according to the program already foreshadowed for the second half of 2013, there is also the construction of the library of the American University of Madaba. A building of 3000 square meters, built on four floors, two conference rooms and computer services, built with advanced architectural criteria and at the same time respectful of the Middle Eastern style, which can accommodate 500 students in its facilities.
The American University of Madaba, AUM is affiliated to the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem of which Pope Benedict blessed the first stone on May 9, 4 years ago. The new university institution opened its stutture as early as October 2011. Students today are about 800, but at full capacity, the University can accommodate 8 thousand. There are about twenty educational programs activated, concentrated in the areas of information technology, economic sciences and medical-health care. The Latin Patriarchate has contributed significantly to the building of the university. The Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem is a member of the Board of Directors, which now manages the University independently with regards to the academic and financial point of view, on the pattern of other Middle Eastern University accredited by the U.S. university certification bodies.
As pointed out in a note by the Patriarchate, sent to Fides, the American University of Madaba represents the natural continuation of the educational service supported by the Patriarchate in Jordan, where 500 students graduate each year. (GV ) (Agenzia Fides 25/09/2013)
- 2015-02-10 - CCSM denounces offensive drawings of Lord Jesus Christ on hookahs
- 2015-02-04 - Today masses and prayers in churches for the pilot burned alive by jihadists
- 2015-02-03 - Jordanian Minister: satirical cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad have nothing to do with Christianity
- 2015-01-22 - King Abdullah II praises the Pope: religions must not offended
- 2015-01-05 - Christian Schools welcome the Iraqis children who fled from Mosul and Nineveh Plain
- 2015-01-02 - The Grand Mufti of Jordan: the pronouncement of the "Fatwa" is reserved for authorized experts
- 2014-12-16 - More than 7,000 Christian refugees from Iraq; Caritas Jordan: "in two months we will not have anymore resources to assist them"
- 2014-12-03 - Caritas Jordan in Salt launches ”Winter Campaign”
- 2014-11-24 - Conference on Christians and "Arab Springs". Father Bader: a historical phase which was followed only by negative effects
- 2014-10-30 - King Abdullah II to Armenian President: Christians helped to build the Arab civilization