AMERICA/DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - Diocese of San Juan de la Maguana: 60 Years lived with a missionary spirit
San Juan (Agenzia Fides) – His Exc Mgr. José Dolores Grullon Estrella, Bishop of the Diocese of San Juan de la Maguana, announced the 60th celebrations for the anniversary of the founding of the diocese, created on September 25, 1953 with the title of "Prelature Nullius", as it did not have a native clergy at that time.
According to the information Fides received from the Dominican Republic, the activities to commemorate the anniversary will be held from September 24 to 28, in communities and districts of the three provinces that make up the Diocese: San Juan, Azua and Elias Piña. Activities have also been organized where 72 missionaries from each parish will participate, re-launching once again the Continental Mission,"with even greater momentum to continue the mission that we have been pursuing for all these 60 years", the Bishop concluded . (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/09/2013)
- 2015-05-29 - The Pope urges us not to be indifferent towards immigrants
- 2015-05-20 - 90% of HIV-positive Dominicans live in extreme poverty
- 2015-05-15 - AMERICA/DOMINICAN REPUBLIC – Cardinal Rubén Salazar Gómez, Colombian, elected President of CELAM
- 2015-05-04 - The Bishops encourage the President to continue direct contact with people most in need
- 2015-03-16 - Appeal of the Church in the Dominican Republic and Haiti: "Respect the human dignity of migrants"
- 2015-01-28 - Tension on the border with Haiti: appeal to the authorities of both countries
- 2014-10-07 - Requests on behalf of the National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Austerity and solidarity with workers,
- 2014-10-03 - "A people on a mission, sensitive towards solidarity": the National Assembly of Pastoral care is underway
- 2014-09-23 - Public opinion divided on the request for the withdrawal of UNHCR from the country
- 2014-07-22 - Although some people promote hate, the Church is committed to peaceful coexistence