EUROPE/ITALY - "To see a brother in every man", the anniversary of the birth of Raoul Follereau
Rome (Agenzia Fides) –Saturday, August 17th will be the 110th anniversary of the birth of Raoul Follereau, Ambassador of the poor, a friend of the youth. The Philatelic Bureau of the Vatican City State is completing the commemorative stamp to be issued in early November in Paris. A religious spirit full of missionary inspiration, that had pushed so many men and women to go out into the world and proclaim Christ and service to others.
The statement sent to Fides, recalls that the Christian utopia of Follereau led, among other things, to the birth of the World Day of Leprosy, which this year reaches its 60th edition; and the appeals to the United Nations, which anticipated between the late fifties and early sixties, the season of the commitment in favor of peace and against poverty. In France, Italy and other countries, there will celebrations to mark this anniversary. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/08/2013)
- 2014-07-16 - Twelve hours of continuous prayer for peace in the Holy Land
- 2014-07-11 - Bicycles to reach blind children in remote areas of Africa
- 2014-06-28 - A "social audio book" in defense of the Africans with albinism, the last of the last
- 2014-05-23 - EUROPE/ITALY – Beatification of Mario Vergara, PIME martyr and Isidoro Ngei Ko Lat, first Burmese Blessed
- 2014-04-24 - Four young people at the service of the last will talk about their experience on the web
- 2014-03-27 - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
- 2014-03-21 - EUROPE/ITALY – 24 March, Day of Missionary Martyrs: like them, we are all "witnesses" of the Gospel
- 2014-03-07 - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries