EUROPE/ITALY - "To see a brother in every man", the anniversary of the birth of Raoul Follereau
Rome (Agenzia Fides) –Saturday, August 17th will be the 110th anniversary of the birth of Raoul Follereau, Ambassador of the poor, a friend of the youth. The Philatelic Bureau of the Vatican City State is completing the commemorative stamp to be issued in early November in Paris. A religious spirit full of missionary inspiration, that had pushed so many men and women to go out into the world and proclaim Christ and service to others.
The statement sent to Fides, recalls that the Christian utopia of Follereau led, among other things, to the birth of the World Day of Leprosy, which this year reaches its 60th edition; and the appeals to the United Nations, which anticipated between the late fifties and early sixties, the season of the commitment in favor of peace and against poverty. In France, Italy and other countries, there will celebrations to mark this anniversary. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/08/2013)
- 2014-03-07 EUROPE/ITALY - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 EUROPE/ITALY - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 EUROPE/ITALY - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries
- 2013-12-17 EUROPE/ITALY - Immigrant minors: the number of young children has increased tenfold, mostly Syrians fleeing
- 2013-12-03 EUROPE/ITALY – Mgr. Melchior de Marion Brésillac, from India to Africa to carry out "nothing but the will of God"
- 2013-11-26 EUROPE/ITALY - Conclusion of the diocesan phase of the beatification process of Luisa Guidotti Mistrali, missionary doctor, killed in Rhodesia
- 2013-11-22 EUROPE/ITALY - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda
- 2013-11-21 EUROPE/ITALY - In Rome, a prayer vigil for peace in Syria and the release of the hostages
- 2013-11-20 EUROPE/ITALY - International Children’s day and the World Day of Prayer and Action for Children, and Youth in the World
- 2013-11-15 EUROPE/ITALY - Two centuries after the Reconstitution of the Society, the Jesuits look at the universal mission