AMERICA/COLOMBIA - For the first time WACOM in Latin America
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Christoph Schonborn, Archbishop of Vienna (Austria) and President of the World Congress of Divine Mercy, is in Colombia to attend the WACOM III (World Apostolic Congress on Mercy) Pre-Congress, which takes place from August 5 to 7 in Bogota. According to the note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies of Colombia, the peculiarity is the fact that for the first time the Congress will take place in Latin America in a year’s time. The Divine Mercy is a key term of John Paul II’s (1978-2005) Pontificate, who introduced the Feast of the Divine Mercy on the second Sunday of Easter.
Fr. Patrice Chocholski (Secretary General of WACOM III), continental and national co-ordinators, and His Exc. Mgr. Julio Hernando García Peláez (Bishop of Istmina - Tado in Choco), delegate of the Colombian Episcopal Conference and Director of the organizing Committee are attending this meeting.
The initiative has the support of the Episcopal Conference of Colombia, the Archdiocese of Bogotá, the Pontifical Mission Societies of Colombia.
The agenda of the pre-congress provides lectures and group discussions on the Theology of Mercy, the sharing of experiences of the participants from various countries, the planning and preparation of the 2014 World Congress, and will conclude with a panel discussion on the theme of "Spirituality of Mercy" moderated by Cardinal Schonborn. Finally there will be the veneration of the relics of St. Faustina and Blessed John Paul II. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/08/2013)
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar