AMERICA/COLOMBIA - For the first time WACOM in Latin America
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Christoph Schonborn, Archbishop of Vienna (Austria) and President of the World Congress of Divine Mercy, is in Colombia to attend the WACOM III (World Apostolic Congress on Mercy) Pre-Congress, which takes place from August 5 to 7 in Bogota. According to the note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies of Colombia, the peculiarity is the fact that for the first time the Congress will take place in Latin America in a year’s time. The Divine Mercy is a key term of John Paul II’s (1978-2005) Pontificate, who introduced the Feast of the Divine Mercy on the second Sunday of Easter.
Fr. Patrice Chocholski (Secretary General of WACOM III), continental and national co-ordinators, and His Exc. Mgr. Julio Hernando García Peláez (Bishop of Istmina - Tado in Choco), delegate of the Colombian Episcopal Conference and Director of the organizing Committee are attending this meeting.
The initiative has the support of the Episcopal Conference of Colombia, the Archdiocese of Bogotá, the Pontifical Mission Societies of Colombia.
The agenda of the pre-congress provides lectures and group discussions on the Theology of Mercy, the sharing of experiences of the participants from various countries, the planning and preparation of the 2014 World Congress, and will conclude with a panel discussion on the theme of "Spirituality of Mercy" moderated by Cardinal Schonborn. Finally there will be the veneration of the relics of St. Faustina and Blessed John Paul II. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/08/2013)
- 2015-01-29 - Nearly 50 000 children victims of homicide because of armed conflict
- 2015-01-26 - We need leaders who are committed and not "deaf and dumb authorities" says Mgr. Epalza
- 2014-12-22 - Even from pain comes the hope of peace, the process continues
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours