AFRICA/MALI - Caritas: "The population of Mali has demonstrated with the vote its attachment to the institutions"
Bamako (Agenzia Fides) - "The people of Mali despite the short preparation period and in a difficult context, expressed its attachment to the institutions of the Republic and the good coexistence among all", says a statement released by Caritas Malipublished on the occasion of a press conference to present the results of the Observation Mission of the presidential elections on 28 July (see Fides 31/07/2013).
The document, sent to Fides Agency, welcomes the "peaceful environment" in which the vote was held, and hopes that "this great outburst of patriotic consciousness is preserved in the upcoming deadlines of national life".
Caritas Mali thanked the 153 young people who volunteered as election observers on behalf of the charitable organization. These young people, the statement said "have just written a new page in the history of the Catholic Church in Mali, in their commitment to the promotion of peace, justice and good governance".
Before the election, the Church with Caritas Mali had launched programs of civic and electoral education to sensitize the citizens to vote as a right and duty, to respect the institutions and the peaceful conduct of the vote. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 01/08/2013)
- 2013-09-06 AFRICA/MALI - The challenges of the new leadership: National reconciliation, fight against corruption, the re-launch of economy
- 2013-08-05 AFRICA/MALI - In view of the run-off Caritas Mali proposes some measures to improve the electoral process
- 2013-08-01 AFRICA/MALI - Caritas: "The population of Mali has demonstrated with the vote its attachment to the institutions"
- 2013-07-31 AFRICA/MALI - Caritas Mali: "Elections substantially correct"
- 2013-07-27 AFRICA/MALI - Presidential elections, Caritas urges to solve the humanitarian crisis
- 2013-06-24 AFRICA/MALI - Meeting of Caritas on the humanitarian crisis in Mali
- 2013-06-19 AFRICA/MALI - Mixed reactions to the peace agreement for Kidal
- 2013-04-29 AFRICA/MALI – The situation improves but the plight of displaced persons and refugees is not forgotten
- 2013-04-10 AFRICA/MALI - Refugees, food shortages and mine clearance: new emergencies in the Country
- 2013-03-07 AFRICA/MALI - The population of Mali finds hope again