AMERICA/MEXICO - Greater protection concerning the human rights of immigrants is needed
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - To protect and promote the human rights of immigrants through the assistance and management of their main problems is the goal of the National Commission of Human Rights Program (CNDH). The CNDH argues that the passage without the documentation of boys, girls, men and women immigrants to Mexico should not deprive them of their human rights under applicable national and international laws. The Commission stressed that it is essential that the authorities carry out their function in strict compliance with the current regulatory framework in order to eliminate all forms of discrimination. In a statement it says that in most cases, people who cross the country heading to the north, are exposed to serious dangers as they travel in inhumane conditions on trucks or freight trains, with no drinking water or food to survive. Among other objectives, the Programme of Assistance to immigrants of the CNDH supports the promotion, dissemination and education through links with various institutions, organizations and associations of immigration connected with the migratory phenomenon, public or private, national and international. This National autonomous Organization, approaches immigrants, periodically, provides them medical care and food, as well as legal assistance. From January to June 2013 791 visits were carried out to help 23 thousand 325 people. 4,475 people were assisted in public squares and railway stations. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 23/07/2013)
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"