ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Centre of Excellence for the recovery of street children
Makati City (Agenzia Fides) - A program of assistance, protection and training with regards to the fundamental values of life in favor of street children continues to increase. We are talking about Tuloy Foundation present in the Philippines for almost 20 years. Established and run by the Salesians, it continues its aim of being a center of excellence for the reintegration of street children into society. There are many who run away from their families to avoid sexual abuse, and end up begging on the street in order to survive, often victims of crime and drugs. At the Tuloy Namunkura Dorm children receive education, the center also welcomes other children at risk such as abandoned children and orphans. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/07/2013)
- 2014-10-17 - The murder of the missionary Fr. Fausto Tentorio remains unsolved
- 2014-10-15 - "The ideology and money of the IS arrive in Southern Philippines": the story of a missionary
- 2014-10-14 - "There is no justice without life": Asian conference against the death penalty
- 2014-10-01 - A Jesuit: "A network of solidarity against the network of terror"
- 2014-09-22 - "Mercy and Compassion" is the theme of the Pope's visit
- 2014-09-12 - Peace agreement arrives in Congress, but "the road is still long"
- 2014-09-06 - Silsilah Dialogue Centre advocates harmony in the Year of the Laity
- 2014-09-02 - National Director of the Pontifical Missionary Societies confirmed
- 2014-07-30 - The entire Catholic population celebrates the 100 millionth baby born in the Country
- 2014-07-21 - The missionaries for the development of indigenous peoples in Mindanao