ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Centre of Excellence for the recovery of street children
Makati City (Agenzia Fides) - A program of assistance, protection and training with regards to the fundamental values of life in favor of street children continues to increase. We are talking about Tuloy Foundation present in the Philippines for almost 20 years. Established and run by the Salesians, it continues its aim of being a center of excellence for the reintegration of street children into society. There are many who run away from their families to avoid sexual abuse, and end up begging on the street in order to survive, often victims of crime and drugs. At the Tuloy Namunkura Dorm children receive education, the center also welcomes other children at risk such as abandoned children and orphans. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/07/2013)
- 2014-12-10 - "Yolanda" survivors now helping "Hagupit" victims
- 2014-12-01 - Compassion but also "no" to corruption: the Church celebrates the Year of the poor
- 2014-11-29 - The Silsilah movement: Advent of solidarity and friendship with Muslims
- 2014-11-27 - Justice for the massacre in Maguindanao: the relatives of the victims write to the Pope
- 2014-11-21 - 30 years since its foundation, the commitment of "Silsilah" movement for dialogue reinforces
- 2014-11-15 - Cardinal Tagle: "The Pope's visit, a blessing that invokes responsibility"
- 2014-11-11 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – To cancel foreign debt in order to contribute to the reconstruction after Typhoon Haiyan
- 2014-10-30 - The Silsilah dialogue movement: "Fight soldiers with prayer"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops: "Even a life sentence is inhuman"
- 2014-10-17 - The murder of the missionary Fr. Fausto Tentorio remains unsolved