ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Centre of Excellence for the recovery of street children
Makati City (Agenzia Fides) - A program of assistance, protection and training with regards to the fundamental values of life in favor of street children continues to increase. We are talking about Tuloy Foundation present in the Philippines for almost 20 years. Established and run by the Salesians, it continues its aim of being a center of excellence for the reintegration of street children into society. There are many who run away from their families to avoid sexual abuse, and end up begging on the street in order to survive, often victims of crime and drugs. At the Tuloy Namunkura Dorm children receive education, the center also welcomes other children at risk such as abandoned children and orphans. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/07/2013)
- 2015-11-19 - Appeal for inclusive growth in the Asia-Pacific area
- 2015-10-21 - The damage of Typhoon Koppu: Dead, missing, harvests destroyed
- 2015-10-09 - Tentorio's murder is "a blood stain on justice"
- 2015-10-08 - A missionary: "The Italian Del Torchio kidnapped for money"
- 2015-09-30 - Thousands of children risk their lives in the gold mines
- 2015-09-30 - Priest stabbed to death in central Philippines
- 2015-09-26 - An incentive from Pope Francis to fight against human trafficking
- 2015-09-24 - The Church alongside the tribal victims of violence and persecution
- 2015-09-11 - From the crisis of Zamboanga, a hope for Muslim-Christian relations
- 2015-09-08 - Peace is possible in the southern Philippines, with faith