ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Centre of Excellence for the recovery of street children
Makati City (Agenzia Fides) - A program of assistance, protection and training with regards to the fundamental values of life in favor of street children continues to increase. We are talking about Tuloy Foundation present in the Philippines for almost 20 years. Established and run by the Salesians, it continues its aim of being a center of excellence for the reintegration of street children into society. There are many who run away from their families to avoid sexual abuse, and end up begging on the street in order to survive, often victims of crime and drugs. At the Tuloy Namunkura Dorm children receive education, the center also welcomes other children at risk such as abandoned children and orphans. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/07/2013)
- 2015-05-26 - Bishops: "Laity and parishes have to act in order to combat modern slavery"
- 2015-05-19 - "Ready to welcome the Rohingya migrants": State and Church agree
- 2015-05-18 - Building peace remembering martyr Claretian Rhoel Gallardo
- 2015-05-13 - Education and aid to the poor at the Luigi Caburlotto school
- 2015-05-13 - The construction of a new shelter for the poor has begun
- 2015-05-08 - The Village of Harmony has been giving an example of "life-in-dialogue" in southern Philippines for 25 years
- 2015-04-24 - Islamic and Christian religious leaders: "Necessity to review the Bangasamoro Basic Law"
- 2015-04-09 - The Church to the President: "It is time to approve land reform"
- 2015-03-31 - Cardinal Tagle: "Way of the Cross on Good Friday in prayer for peace"
- 2015-03-28 - Humanitarian crisis in Mindanao; a law has been submitted in the Philippine congress on the Muslim region