ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Centre of Excellence for the recovery of street children
Makati City (Agenzia Fides) - A program of assistance, protection and training with regards to the fundamental values of life in favor of street children continues to increase. We are talking about Tuloy Foundation present in the Philippines for almost 20 years. Established and run by the Salesians, it continues its aim of being a center of excellence for the reintegration of street children into society. There are many who run away from their families to avoid sexual abuse, and end up begging on the street in order to survive, often victims of crime and drugs. At the Tuloy Namunkura Dorm children receive education, the center also welcomes other children at risk such as abandoned children and orphans. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/07/2013)
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishops: No to violence in Mindanao, support for the peace process
- 2015-01-20 - Bishops: to put into practice the words of the Pope on the proximity to the poor
- 2015-01-19 - "Year of the poor" and new evangelization: Bishops in assembly after the Pope's visit
- 2015-01-17 - The Pope shows deep compassion for the victims of the Typhoon
- 2015-01-16 - evangelize families: the Pope encourages them to be "living school of the Gospel"
- 2015-01-15 - The Director of the PMS: "The Pope in the Philippines shows us mercy towards the last"
- 2015-01-14 - A missionary, after the bombing in Paris: "Dear Muslim brothers, we mourn with you"
- 2014-12-10 - "Yolanda" survivors now helping "Hagupit" victims
- 2014-12-01 - Compassion but also "no" to corruption: the Church celebrates the Year of the poor
- 2014-11-29 - The Silsilah movement: Advent of solidarity and friendship with Muslims