AMERICA/COLOMBIA - There is still no news of a priest who has been missing for 4 days
Monteria (Agenzia Fides) - There is much concern among the faithful for the priest Nestor Dario Buendia, 35, who works in the parish of San Antonio de Padua in the village of Cereté (about 500 km north of Bogota) who has been missing for 4 days.
The priest had left Cereté last Thursday and was heading towards Monteria, but did not reach his intended destination where his family lives. The note sent to Fides informs that the disappearance of Fr. Buendia was confirmed by the Bishop of the Diocese of Monteria, Mgr. Ramon Alberto Rolón Güepsa. "The Church is concerned, we have not seen him since Thursday, but I have already contacted the police," said the Bishop.
Fr. Buendia was born in Canalete (Cordoba) and was until three months ago, the parish priest of the church of Santo Domingo Vidal in Chima, as confirmed to the local press by his successor Father Luis Fernandez, who was very concerned. The police commander in Cordoba has started research in the area between Cereté and Monteria to find the priest. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/06/2013)
- 2015-09-03 - Meeting of the Bishops of Colombia and Venezuela on the border area crisis
- 2015-09-03 - Dengue haemorrhagic fever affects children in Huila
- 2015-08-20 - Pope Francis: a delegate of the Holy See in the peace process
- 2015-08-13 - Consolidating REDPAM Catholic Pan-Amazon church network
- 2015-08-12 - “Let the people speak about mining activity”, Bishops’ statement
- 2015-07-31 - Day of Protest against human trafficking: child soldiers still used by FARC
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders