AMERICA/COLOMBIA - There is still no news of a priest who has been missing for 4 days
Monteria (Agenzia Fides) - There is much concern among the faithful for the priest Nestor Dario Buendia, 35, who works in the parish of San Antonio de Padua in the village of Cereté (about 500 km north of Bogota) who has been missing for 4 days.
The priest had left Cereté last Thursday and was heading towards Monteria, but did not reach his intended destination where his family lives. The note sent to Fides informs that the disappearance of Fr. Buendia was confirmed by the Bishop of the Diocese of Monteria, Mgr. Ramon Alberto Rolón Güepsa. "The Church is concerned, we have not seen him since Thursday, but I have already contacted the police," said the Bishop.
Fr. Buendia was born in Canalete (Cordoba) and was until three months ago, the parish priest of the church of Santo Domingo Vidal in Chima, as confirmed to the local press by his successor Father Luis Fernandez, who was very concerned. The police commander in Cordoba has started research in the area between Cereté and Monteria to find the priest. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/06/2013)
- 2014-10-17 - "We hope peace is near" says Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2014-10-08 - The Auxiliary Bishop of Medellin: "We cannot get used to violence"
- 2014-10-06 - Another priest killed for armed robbery
- 2014-10-02 - Members of the third delegation of victims set off for Havana to meet with FARC representatives
- 2014-09-30 - Working with the indigenous open to inculturation: the commitment of the Apostolic Vicar of Mitu
- 2014-09-19 - Proclaiming the Gospel in an Amazonian context: the challenge for the Bishop of Puerto Leguizamo-Solano
- 2014-09-13 - The Week for Peace becomes "Year of Peace" in Cali
- 2014-08-20 - "Only mercy can make justice a reality", said Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2014-08-18 - The first 12 members of the delegation of the victims will participate in Peace Talks which take place in Cuba
- 2014-08-13 - Dialogues of Peace between the government and FARC