AMERICA/COLOMBIA - There is still no news of a priest who has been missing for 4 days
Monteria (Agenzia Fides) - There is much concern among the faithful for the priest Nestor Dario Buendia, 35, who works in the parish of San Antonio de Padua in the village of Cereté (about 500 km north of Bogota) who has been missing for 4 days.
The priest had left Cereté last Thursday and was heading towards Monteria, but did not reach his intended destination where his family lives. The note sent to Fides informs that the disappearance of Fr. Buendia was confirmed by the Bishop of the Diocese of Monteria, Mgr. Ramon Alberto Rolón Güepsa. "The Church is concerned, we have not seen him since Thursday, but I have already contacted the police," said the Bishop.
Fr. Buendia was born in Canalete (Cordoba) and was until three months ago, the parish priest of the church of Santo Domingo Vidal in Chima, as confirmed to the local press by his successor Father Luis Fernandez, who was very concerned. The police commander in Cordoba has started research in the area between Cereté and Monteria to find the priest. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/06/2013)
- 2014-04-12 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA –"Schools of reconciliation" are born: initiative of the Church for young people
- 2014-04-09 - Respect for human rights for the victims of landmines
- 2014-04-03 - Indigenous children continue to die of hunger and chronic malnutrition
- 2014-03-31 - First study on hidden child victims of sexual abuse
- 2014-03-31 - Peace talks: conclusion of the 22nd session
- 2014-02-27 - We Colombians cannot be indifferent to the suffering experienced by our brothers and sisters in Venezuela
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Dialogue between two parties on equal terms, not between weak and powerful
- 2014-02-24 - Colombians deported from Venezuela: Catholic Bishops in border area dioceses work to provide assistance and promote peace
- 2014-02-21 - The army must be armored against corruption
- 2014-02-20 - The children of the Aboriginal community Wayuu continue to die of hunger