AMERICA/COLOMBIA - There is still no news of a priest who has been missing for 4 days
Monteria (Agenzia Fides) - There is much concern among the faithful for the priest Nestor Dario Buendia, 35, who works in the parish of San Antonio de Padua in the village of Cereté (about 500 km north of Bogota) who has been missing for 4 days.
The priest had left Cereté last Thursday and was heading towards Monteria, but did not reach his intended destination where his family lives. The note sent to Fides informs that the disappearance of Fr. Buendia was confirmed by the Bishop of the Diocese of Monteria, Mgr. Ramon Alberto Rolón Güepsa. "The Church is concerned, we have not seen him since Thursday, but I have already contacted the police," said the Bishop.
Fr. Buendia was born in Canalete (Cordoba) and was until three months ago, the parish priest of the church of Santo Domingo Vidal in Chima, as confirmed to the local press by his successor Father Luis Fernandez, who was very concerned. The police commander in Cordoba has started research in the area between Cereté and Monteria to find the priest. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/06/2013)
- 2015-04-16 - Eleven soldiers killed, the Church asks for a definitive cease-fire
- 2015-04-01 - Special care for children infected with chikungunya
- 2015-03-30 - Joy in the suffering: Sincelejo welcomes the new Bishop remembering the pastor killed
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue
- 2015-03-23 - A priest killed after a violent attempted robbery
- 2015-03-18 - Elections: the Archbishop of Medellin urges the socio-political formation of the community
- 2015-03-10 - "Weapons, from security to threat for the family, must be eliminated" asks the Archbishop of Medellin
- 2015-03-04 - Meeting of Bishops Emeritus
- 2015-03-02 - Testimony of Mgr. Vidal: "Promises arrive in Cúcuta, never decisions"
- 2015-02-21 - Lent: multimedia “On the way to Easter”