AFRICA/MALI - Meeting of Caritas on the humanitarian crisis in Mali
Bamako (Agenzia Fides) - The meeting of the Steering Committee (COPIL) of Caritas, that have initiated a program of emergency aid to help people affected by the crisis in the north of Mali, begins today in Bamako.
According to a statement sent to Fides Agency the meeting, which will end on June 26, will discuss among other things the level of funding of the regional Emergency Appeal (EA 38/12/2012), the progress of the project activities and the knowledge learned in the course of its management, also in relation to the collaboration between the 4 Caritas of Sahel (Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger and Senegal) and other Caritas involved. In fact Caritas Italian and Caritas Spain collaborate in the project Caritas Internationalis.
The regional Emergency Appeal is based on three points: assistance to internally displaced persons, refugees and communities affected by the crisis in Mali through a regional approach; improvement of the technical and operational capacity of Caritas in the Sahel region to cope with the demands generated by the Malian events; improvement of coordination and communication systems of the four Caritas of Sahel to increase the capacity to respond to humanitarian crises in the region. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 24/06/2013)
- 2013-09-06 AFRICA/MALI - The challenges of the new leadership: National reconciliation, fight against corruption, the re-launch of economy
- 2013-08-05 AFRICA/MALI - In view of the run-off Caritas Mali proposes some measures to improve the electoral process
- 2013-08-01 AFRICA/MALI - Caritas: "The population of Mali has demonstrated with the vote its attachment to the institutions"
- 2013-07-31 AFRICA/MALI - Caritas Mali: "Elections substantially correct"
- 2013-07-27 AFRICA/MALI - Presidential elections, Caritas urges to solve the humanitarian crisis
- 2013-06-24 AFRICA/MALI - Meeting of Caritas on the humanitarian crisis in Mali
- 2013-06-19 AFRICA/MALI - Mixed reactions to the peace agreement for Kidal
- 2013-04-29 AFRICA/MALI – The situation improves but the plight of displaced persons and refugees is not forgotten
- 2013-04-10 AFRICA/MALI - Refugees, food shortages and mine clearance: new emergencies in the Country
- 2013-03-07 AFRICA/MALI - The population of Mali finds hope again