AMERICA/PERU - National Migration Week, no to human trafficking
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - "No to human trafficking and smuggling of migrants: challenges for the New Evangelization", this is the campaign sponsored by the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, on the occasion of the National Migration Week and of their families that takes place across the Country from June 9 to 16.
"The goal is to sensitize the Peruvians on a very serious and complex social problem that can not leave us indifferent," said Msg. Héctor Vera during the presentation of the campaign.
In the first two months of 2012, 212 children were victims of human trafficking in the forest region of Madre de Dios in southeastern Peru. In 2011, about 111 children and young people under 18 years of age, housed in the temporary accommodation of the Huarayo Association in the city of Mazuko, an obligatory point of passage to reach the mining camps in the area, as many as 59 were found to be victims of human trafficking. (See Fides 10/05/2012) (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/06/2013)
- 2014-08-18 - Killed during their missionary work 23 years ago
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas