AMERICA/PERU - National Migration Week, no to human trafficking
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - "No to human trafficking and smuggling of migrants: challenges for the New Evangelization", this is the campaign sponsored by the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, on the occasion of the National Migration Week and of their families that takes place across the Country from June 9 to 16.
"The goal is to sensitize the Peruvians on a very serious and complex social problem that can not leave us indifferent," said Msg. Héctor Vera during the presentation of the campaign.
In the first two months of 2012, 212 children were victims of human trafficking in the forest region of Madre de Dios in southeastern Peru. In 2011, about 111 children and young people under 18 years of age, housed in the temporary accommodation of the Huarayo Association in the city of Mazuko, an obligatory point of passage to reach the mining camps in the area, as many as 59 were found to be victims of human trafficking. (See Fides 10/05/2012) (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/06/2013)
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo
- 2014-03-21 - Bishop of Chimbote obligated to special security measures
- 2014-03-07 - The Church denounces the alarming pollution of the Peruvian forest
- 2014-02-27 - “Ninos de plomo” Children of Lead: education programme for mineral contaminated minors
- 2014-02-19 - "For a participated and technical debate": the Bishops on the university law
- 2014-01-28 - Dispute between Peru and Chile: an example of how to resolve differences in a peaceful manner
- 2014-01-21 - In prayer for harmony among the peoples, pending the judgment of the Hague
- 2014-01-20 - The Bishops gathered in Plenary Assembly
- 2014-01-14 - "Without communication, there are no rights"