AMERICA/PERU - National Migration Week, no to human trafficking
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - "No to human trafficking and smuggling of migrants: challenges for the New Evangelization", this is the campaign sponsored by the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, on the occasion of the National Migration Week and of their families that takes place across the Country from June 9 to 16.
"The goal is to sensitize the Peruvians on a very serious and complex social problem that can not leave us indifferent," said Msg. Héctor Vera during the presentation of the campaign.
In the first two months of 2012, 212 children were victims of human trafficking in the forest region of Madre de Dios in southeastern Peru. In 2011, about 111 children and young people under 18 years of age, housed in the temporary accommodation of the Huarayo Association in the city of Mazuko, an obligatory point of passage to reach the mining camps in the area, as many as 59 were found to be victims of human trafficking. (See Fides 10/05/2012) (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/06/2013)
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth
- 2014-09-23 - "Gold fever" increases human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- 2014-09-19 - The activist who fought for the Amazonian forest, against the deforestation of his land killed
- 2014-09-10 - “Young people without frontiers”: witnesses and proclaimers of the faith to the world of today
- 2014-09-05 - Elections: Bishops concerned about serious signs of corruption and distrust in politics
- 2014-08-18 - Killed during their missionary work 23 years ago
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"