AMERICA/PERU - National Migration Week, no to human trafficking
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - "No to human trafficking and smuggling of migrants: challenges for the New Evangelization", this is the campaign sponsored by the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, on the occasion of the National Migration Week and of their families that takes place across the Country from June 9 to 16.
"The goal is to sensitize the Peruvians on a very serious and complex social problem that can not leave us indifferent," said Msg. Héctor Vera during the presentation of the campaign.
In the first two months of 2012, 212 children were victims of human trafficking in the forest region of Madre de Dios in southeastern Peru. In 2011, about 111 children and young people under 18 years of age, housed in the temporary accommodation of the Huarayo Association in the city of Mazuko, an obligatory point of passage to reach the mining camps in the area, as many as 59 were found to be victims of human trafficking. (See Fides 10/05/2012) (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/06/2013)
- 2015-02-05 - In August, the beatification of three missionaries killed: the first martyrs of the diocese and Peru
- 2015-02-04 - The three missionaries killed in 1991 will be beatified because they were close to the poorest
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home