ASIA/JORDAN - Christian Arab media: instruments of peace, not "self-referential" circuits
Amman (Agenzia Fides) - At this time in history, the religious inspired media are called to choose between two opposing options: to serve the religion to which they refer "exploring its identity," or "destroy and subjugate religion to political interests". The conference organized by the Catholic Center for Studies and Media in collaboration with the Pontifical Council for Social Communications was held (10/11 June) in Amman. Christian and Muslim religious, intellectual and media workers from different Countries of the Middle East focused on the contents proposed by the speakers, the confernce hosted the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem Fouad Twal, Archbishop Claudio Maria Celli (President of the Vatican Congregation for social Communications), the Jordanian Minister for Media and communication Mohammad Momani and Fr. Rifat Bader, director of the Catholic Center for Studies and Media. In a note sent to Fides Agency, the participants appraised the potential of the Christian Arab media, that are called to come out from their self-referential circuits and to "be at the service of peace and justice" and offer themselves as a "space of communication between the Churches " and a tool for dialogue rather than confrontation with the Muslims,"with whom we share the bitter present moment as well as the past and the same fate." (GV) Agenzia Fides 12/06/2013).
- 2014-08-22 - Caritas Jordan welcomes Iraqi Christians put to flight by the jihadists of the Islamic State (IS)
- 2014-06-26 - Caritas distributes aid to poor Muslim families before the start of Ramadan
- 2014-06-24 - A thousand children born in the refugee camp in Zaatari. The director of Caritas: we give them a future
- 2014-05-21 - Syrian refugees await Pope Francis. The director of Caritas Jordan: they hope that the world will remember them
- 2014-05-19 - 1,400 children to receive first communion at Pope-led mass at the Amman Stadium
- 2014-05-15 - The relatives of the martyr, Archbishop Rahho write to the Pope on the eve of his pilgrimage to the Holy Land
- 2014-05-03 - A special prayer for the Pope's pilgrimage to the Holy Land
- 2014-04-14 - The director of Caritas: among the refugees, the number of Christians increases
- 2014-03-29 - ASIA/JORDAN – The parish of Zarqa is the first to acquire a "solar energy system"
- 2014-02-27 - Tension with Israel over Holy Places, Archbishop Lahham: enough defiant acts