AMERICA/PERU - A contribution to better understand the migratory situation
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The Office for the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, in collaboration with the Scalabrini International Migration Network (SIMN), published a report, which provides an updated analysis of the major trends of migration flows in Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay and Peru. The report also presents the actions taken in the 4 Countries by political and social groups that operate in the field of assistance to immigrants.
According to a note sent to Fides, the document aims to offer qualified institutions the necessary measures on immigration and provide new insights for the development and implementation of policies and programs on migration in accordance with the challenges of the current world.
The Pastoral Care of Human Mobility is part of the Episcopal Commission for Social Pastoral of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference and is responsible for organizing and coordinating the pastoral care of human mobility in the Peruvian Church. The "Scalabrini International Migration Network" (SIMN) is an institution founded in 2006 to promote the dignity and rights of migrants, refugees, seafarers, travelers and people on the move at an international level.
(CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2013)
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth
- 2014-09-23 - "Gold fever" increases human trafficking and sexual exploitation