AMERICA/PERU - A contribution to better understand the migratory situation
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The Office for the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, in collaboration with the Scalabrini International Migration Network (SIMN), published a report, which provides an updated analysis of the major trends of migration flows in Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay and Peru. The report also presents the actions taken in the 4 Countries by political and social groups that operate in the field of assistance to immigrants.
According to a note sent to Fides, the document aims to offer qualified institutions the necessary measures on immigration and provide new insights for the development and implementation of policies and programs on migration in accordance with the challenges of the current world.
The Pastoral Care of Human Mobility is part of the Episcopal Commission for Social Pastoral of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference and is responsible for organizing and coordinating the pastoral care of human mobility in the Peruvian Church. The "Scalabrini International Migration Network" (SIMN) is an institution founded in 2006 to promote the dignity and rights of migrants, refugees, seafarers, travelers and people on the move at an international level.
(CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2013)
- 2014-08-18 - Killed during their missionary work 23 years ago
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas