AMERICA/PERU - A contribution to better understand the migratory situation
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The Office for the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, in collaboration with the Scalabrini International Migration Network (SIMN), published a report, which provides an updated analysis of the major trends of migration flows in Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay and Peru. The report also presents the actions taken in the 4 Countries by political and social groups that operate in the field of assistance to immigrants.
According to a note sent to Fides, the document aims to offer qualified institutions the necessary measures on immigration and provide new insights for the development and implementation of policies and programs on migration in accordance with the challenges of the current world.
The Pastoral Care of Human Mobility is part of the Episcopal Commission for Social Pastoral of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference and is responsible for organizing and coordinating the pastoral care of human mobility in the Peruvian Church. The "Scalabrini International Migration Network" (SIMN) is an institution founded in 2006 to promote the dignity and rights of migrants, refugees, seafarers, travelers and people on the move at an international level.
(CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2013)
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo
- 2014-03-21 - Bishop of Chimbote obligated to special security measures
- 2014-03-07 - The Church denounces the alarming pollution of the Peruvian forest
- 2014-02-27 - “Ninos de plomo” Children of Lead: education programme for mineral contaminated minors
- 2014-02-19 - "For a participated and technical debate": the Bishops on the university law
- 2014-01-28 - Dispute between Peru and Chile: an example of how to resolve differences in a peaceful manner
- 2014-01-21 - In prayer for harmony among the peoples, pending the judgment of the Hague
- 2014-01-20 - The Bishops gathered in Plenary Assembly
- 2014-01-14 - "Without communication, there are no rights"