AMERICA/PERU - A contribution to better understand the migratory situation
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The Office for the Pastoral Care of Human Mobility of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, in collaboration with the Scalabrini International Migration Network (SIMN), published a report, which provides an updated analysis of the major trends of migration flows in Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay and Peru. The report also presents the actions taken in the 4 Countries by political and social groups that operate in the field of assistance to immigrants.
According to a note sent to Fides, the document aims to offer qualified institutions the necessary measures on immigration and provide new insights for the development and implementation of policies and programs on migration in accordance with the challenges of the current world.
The Pastoral Care of Human Mobility is part of the Episcopal Commission for Social Pastoral of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference and is responsible for organizing and coordinating the pastoral care of human mobility in the Peruvian Church. The "Scalabrini International Migration Network" (SIMN) is an institution founded in 2006 to promote the dignity and rights of migrants, refugees, seafarers, travelers and people on the move at an international level.
(CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/05/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking