AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Walking towards justice and peace," Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "Walking towards justice and peace" is the theme of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity being held (from May 19 to 26) in different cities of Colombia.
"This year, the reflection is inspired by the complex reality faced by Dalits. According to the caste system of India, Dalits are socially marginalized, under-represented politically, exploited economically and culturally subjugated, " is what is said in a statement sent to Fides by the Colombian Episcopal Conference. Even in Brazil, the situation of the Dalits is at the center of the reflection of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity (see Fides 14/05/2013).
In Colombia, the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity coincides with the Ecumenical Forum for Peace 2013.
The Catholic community has organized several events to support these initiatives for peace in the country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/05/2013)
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar
- 2015-05-07 - Children recruited by the FARC: they are prisoners and infected with the human papilloma virus
- 2015-05-04 - Talks resume for peace, despite the incidents and the distrust of the Colombians
- 2015-04-22 - The Episcopal Council for Peace analyzes the situation of the talks
- 2015-04-21 - Emergency for violence and attacks against minors
- 2015-04-16 - Eleven soldiers killed, the Church asks for a definitive cease-fire
- 2015-04-01 - Special care for children infected with chikungunya
- 2015-03-30 - Joy in the suffering: Sincelejo welcomes the new Bishop remembering the pastor killed
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue
- 2015-03-23 - A priest killed after a violent attempted robbery