AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Walking towards justice and peace," Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "Walking towards justice and peace" is the theme of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity being held (from May 19 to 26) in different cities of Colombia.
"This year, the reflection is inspired by the complex reality faced by Dalits. According to the caste system of India, Dalits are socially marginalized, under-represented politically, exploited economically and culturally subjugated, " is what is said in a statement sent to Fides by the Colombian Episcopal Conference. Even in Brazil, the situation of the Dalits is at the center of the reflection of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity (see Fides 14/05/2013).
In Colombia, the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity coincides with the Ecumenical Forum for Peace 2013.
The Catholic community has organized several events to support these initiatives for peace in the country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/05/2013)
- 2013-12-09 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Strong condemnation of the attack committed by the FARC, that declare a truce for Christmas
- 2013-11-26 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - FARC "authorize" the opening of churches in the south of the country, but only on Sundays
- 2013-11-25 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Violence and Conflicts: Women suffer the most
- 2013-11-18 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Two children a day are abandoned in the capital of the Country
- 2013-11-08 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - A second agreement has been reached, the Church proposes "a policy of reconciliation for definitive peace"
- 2013-10-30 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Social Inclusion, always together with building social peace
- 2013-10-25 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The popular referendum on peace agreements with the FARC is almost ready
- 2013-10-24 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Towards the Symposium on Theology India: the Church more present in different cultures
- 2013-10-22 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Terrorism alarm in Tumaco: commission lead by the Bishop seeks dialogue with the FARC
- 2013-10-10 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - A Foundation in favor of children victims of sexual abuse