AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Walking towards justice and peace," Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "Walking towards justice and peace" is the theme of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity being held (from May 19 to 26) in different cities of Colombia.
"This year, the reflection is inspired by the complex reality faced by Dalits. According to the caste system of India, Dalits are socially marginalized, under-represented politically, exploited economically and culturally subjugated, " is what is said in a statement sent to Fides by the Colombian Episcopal Conference. Even in Brazil, the situation of the Dalits is at the center of the reflection of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity (see Fides 14/05/2013).
In Colombia, the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity coincides with the Ecumenical Forum for Peace 2013.
The Catholic community has organized several events to support these initiatives for peace in the country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/05/2013)
- 2014-02-27 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - We Colombians cannot be indifferent to the suffering experienced by our brothers and sisters in Venezuela
- 2014-02-25 AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Dialogue between two parties on equal terms, not between weak and powerful
- 2014-02-24 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Colombians deported from Venezuela: Catholic Bishops in border area dioceses work to provide assistance and promote peace
- 2014-02-21 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The army must be armored against corruption
- 2014-02-20 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The children of the Aboriginal community Wayuu continue to die of hunger
- 2014-02-10 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Peace negotiations with other groups: the Church's commitment
- 2014-02-05 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Post- conflict" keyword in the dialogue President-Bishops
- 2014-02-04 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The Church's contribution to dialogues of peace: respect the rights of the population
- 2014-02-04 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Plenary Assembly of Bishops on the importance of pastoral action
- 2014-01-27 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Appeal after the murder of two people in a Church: "They want to kill hope"