AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Walking towards justice and peace," Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - "Walking towards justice and peace" is the theme of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity being held (from May 19 to 26) in different cities of Colombia.
"This year, the reflection is inspired by the complex reality faced by Dalits. According to the caste system of India, Dalits are socially marginalized, under-represented politically, exploited economically and culturally subjugated, " is what is said in a statement sent to Fides by the Colombian Episcopal Conference. Even in Brazil, the situation of the Dalits is at the center of the reflection of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity (see Fides 14/05/2013).
In Colombia, the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity coincides with the Ecumenical Forum for Peace 2013.
The Catholic community has organized several events to support these initiatives for peace in the country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/05/2013)
- 2015-08-20 - Pope Francis: a delegate of the Holy See in the peace process
- 2015-08-13 - Consolidating REDPAM Catholic Pan-Amazon church network
- 2015-08-12 - “Let the people speak about mining activity”, Bishops’ statement
- 2015-07-31 - Day of Protest against human trafficking: child soldiers still used by FARC
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"