AMERICA/BRAZIL - India is at the center of the reflection for the Week of Prayer for the Unity of Brazilian Christians
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2013 is in full swing throughout Brazil. This year the theme is inspired by the prophet Micah 6,6-8: "What does God ask of us?". The program includes celebrations in several Brazilian cities, with the participation of different Christian denominations, and with the support of the National Conference of Bishops of Brazil (CNBB).
The National Council of Christian Churches (Conic) has organized the event from 12 to 19 May 2013. To encourage reflection on this issue, a subsidy has been prepared by the Movement of Christian Students of India, with the consultation of the Federation of Catholic Universities of India and the National Council of Churches in that Country.
According to Conic, we have chosen the situation in India for the context of injustice against Dalits and the Church. Hence the desire of the organizers of the Week: to promote a reflection on the importance of unity in diversity and, at the same time, meditate on what God requires of the Christian community, both from a purely religious point of view, but also in what concerns human rights. That is why the allusion to the Dalits in India, people living on the margins of society and often far from any form of assistance. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2015-02-25 - Mobilization for political Reform and transparent elections continues
- 2015-02-18 - Fraternity Campaign 2015 starts today, theme "Brotherhood: Church and Society "
- 2015-02-16 - Ten years ago the assassination of Sr Dorothy Stang, a seed which is bearing copious fruit
- 2015-02-06 - Missionary organizations at work in 2015: Permanent formation and suburbs
- 2015-01-28 - Missionaries study "concentration and manipulation of the media"
- 2015-01-12 - Recalling the earthquake in Haiti with the testimony of Zilda Arns
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform