AMERICA/BRAZIL - India is at the center of the reflection for the Week of Prayer for the Unity of Brazilian Christians
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2013 is in full swing throughout Brazil. This year the theme is inspired by the prophet Micah 6,6-8: "What does God ask of us?". The program includes celebrations in several Brazilian cities, with the participation of different Christian denominations, and with the support of the National Conference of Bishops of Brazil (CNBB).
The National Council of Christian Churches (Conic) has organized the event from 12 to 19 May 2013. To encourage reflection on this issue, a subsidy has been prepared by the Movement of Christian Students of India, with the consultation of the Federation of Catholic Universities of India and the National Council of Churches in that Country.
According to Conic, we have chosen the situation in India for the context of injustice against Dalits and the Church. Hence the desire of the organizers of the Week: to promote a reflection on the importance of unity in diversity and, at the same time, meditate on what God requires of the Christian community, both from a purely religious point of view, but also in what concerns human rights. That is why the allusion to the Dalits in India, people living on the margins of society and often far from any form of assistance. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved