AMERICA/BRAZIL - India is at the center of the reflection for the Week of Prayer for the Unity of Brazilian Christians
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2013 is in full swing throughout Brazil. This year the theme is inspired by the prophet Micah 6,6-8: "What does God ask of us?". The program includes celebrations in several Brazilian cities, with the participation of different Christian denominations, and with the support of the National Conference of Bishops of Brazil (CNBB).
The National Council of Christian Churches (Conic) has organized the event from 12 to 19 May 2013. To encourage reflection on this issue, a subsidy has been prepared by the Movement of Christian Students of India, with the consultation of the Federation of Catholic Universities of India and the National Council of Churches in that Country.
According to Conic, we have chosen the situation in India for the context of injustice against Dalits and the Church. Hence the desire of the organizers of the Week: to promote a reflection on the importance of unity in diversity and, at the same time, meditate on what God requires of the Christian community, both from a purely religious point of view, but also in what concerns human rights. That is why the allusion to the Dalits in India, people living on the margins of society and often far from any form of assistance. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Franciscan Sister murdered
- 2015-07-23 - Mission Campaign 2015: material ready
- 2015-07-21 - The water crisis threatens millions of people
- 2015-07-20 - A video documents the first missionary experience of young people in the Amazon
- 2015-07-01 - The indifference of the state in the face of a situation of injustice denounced by the Bishop of Dourados
- 2015-06-25 - More than 20,000 people every week prepare themselves for the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- 2015-06-23 - Report of CIMI: suicide and infant mortality are decimating the indigenous population
- 2015-06-16 - On the border between Peru and Bolivia, crossroads of migrants
- 2015-06-16 - "No to prejudice, yes to rights and participation": week of Migrants
- 2015-06-10 - From Haiti to Brazil in the hands of human traffickers, with the hope of a better future