AMERICA/BRAZIL - India is at the center of the reflection for the Week of Prayer for the Unity of Brazilian Christians
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2013 is in full swing throughout Brazil. This year the theme is inspired by the prophet Micah 6,6-8: "What does God ask of us?". The program includes celebrations in several Brazilian cities, with the participation of different Christian denominations, and with the support of the National Conference of Bishops of Brazil (CNBB).
The National Council of Christian Churches (Conic) has organized the event from 12 to 19 May 2013. To encourage reflection on this issue, a subsidy has been prepared by the Movement of Christian Students of India, with the consultation of the Federation of Catholic Universities of India and the National Council of Churches in that Country.
According to Conic, we have chosen the situation in India for the context of injustice against Dalits and the Church. Hence the desire of the organizers of the Week: to promote a reflection on the importance of unity in diversity and, at the same time, meditate on what God requires of the Christian community, both from a purely religious point of view, but also in what concerns human rights. That is why the allusion to the Dalits in India, people living on the margins of society and often far from any form of assistance. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2015-09-16 - "How many people have to die before they have justice?", since 1983 at least 50 indigenous leaders have been killed
- 2015-09-15 - Preparation for World Mission Sunday 2015 begins
- 2015-09-14 - Early Marriages: still half a million young newlyweds between 15 to 17 years of age
- 2015-09-03 - The memory of the missionary Fr. Ezechiele Ramin is still alive even 30 years after his assassination
- 2015-08-28 - Scalabrinians: international meeting to find new answers to the issue of migration
- 2015-08-19 - "Church and mining activity": testimonies and experiences in defense of life and territories
- 2015-08-18 - Local Catholic Church demands guaranteed rights for migrants
- 2015-08-13 - Tension between Haitians and locals, Haitian citizen mortally wounded
- 2015-08-11 - National Family Week, an event that grows in Brazil
- 2015-08-08 - Pilgrimage in the heart of the Amazon in defense of creation and to remember Sister Dorothy Stang