AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Nicolas Maduro new Venezuelan President
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - Nicolas Maduro, the candidate of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV) won the elections on Sunday, April 14th with 50.66% of votes. His mandate as President of Venezuela will end in 2019. The candidate representing the Democratic Unity Party, Henrique Capriles obtained 49.07% of the votes.
The note sent to Fides by Union Radio, also refers to the high participation of the population in the vote: 78.71% of electors voted, according to the president of the National Electoral Council, Tibisay Lucena. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/04/2013)
- 2015-11-26 - Tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa: "State officials must ask for peace"
- 2015-11-23 - With the closure of borders many children are unlikely to make their First Communion
- 2015-11-11 - The Bishops call for elections: "Free vote, essential to strengthen democracy"
- 2015-09-22 - The National Assembly of the PMS: solidarity with our brothers in the East
- 2015-09-18 - The National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Renew enthusiasm in evangelization
- 2015-09-17 - Crisis with Colombia: "Governments have not done their best to solve the crisis", said Mgr. Padron
- 2015-09-07 - Poverty and precariousness force people to seek food in the garbage
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals