AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Nicolas Maduro new Venezuelan President
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - Nicolas Maduro, the candidate of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV) won the elections on Sunday, April 14th with 50.66% of votes. His mandate as President of Venezuela will end in 2019. The candidate representing the Democratic Unity Party, Henrique Capriles obtained 49.07% of the votes.
The note sent to Fides by Union Radio, also refers to the high participation of the population in the vote: 78.71% of electors voted, according to the president of the National Electoral Council, Tibisay Lucena. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/04/2013)
- 2014-12-06 - Poverty, few infrastructures and precarious preventive measures: fertile terrain for Chikungunya virus
- 2014-10-28 - Cardinal Urosa Savino: "Respect for political prisoners"
- 2014-10-21 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – May Saint John Paul II accompany Venezuela in the paths of peace and justice
- 2014-10-01 - "Division is not from God": in march for peace and unity of the country
- 2014-09-30 - Violence in the country does not decrease: a military chaplain killed
- 2014-09-27 - "Do not be afraid of peace" Pope Francis’ letter to Venezuela
- 2014-09-16 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Laity meet apostolic Nuncio, a tradition which encourages the unity of the Church
- 2014-08-12 - "Commit to a missionary cooperation", the V National Missionary Congress has concluded
- 2014-08-06 - The V National Missionary Congress begins
- 2014-07-14 - "Give teachers their salaries": church’s appeal in favor of teachers