AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Nicolas Maduro new Venezuelan President
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - Nicolas Maduro, the candidate of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela (PSUV) won the elections on Sunday, April 14th with 50.66% of votes. His mandate as President of Venezuela will end in 2019. The candidate representing the Democratic Unity Party, Henrique Capriles obtained 49.07% of the votes.
The note sent to Fides by Union Radio, also refers to the high participation of the population in the vote: 78.71% of electors voted, according to the president of the National Electoral Council, Tibisay Lucena. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/04/2013)
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals
- 2015-08-07 - There are 10,000 participants attending the III Youth National Meeting
- 2015-08-06 - National meeting among the indigenous communities for the protection of human rights
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene