EUROPE/FRANCE - A "flash mob" of young people for religious freedom
Paris (Agenzia Fides) – One person out of two lives in a country where religious freedom is not respected; more than 200 million Christians live restrictions or limits with regards to their freedom of faith: to say all this to the world, more than 300 young people will start off a "flash mob" for religious freedom in the center of Paris, in front of the Cathedral of Notre Dame on April 12. This is an initiative promoted by the French section of the Foundation of Pontifical Right "Aid to the Church in Need." It will be a simple but effective choreography - is what is said in a note sent to Fides - in which young people will say, with their ways, the desire to defend religious freedom in the world.
The "flash mob" precedes the "Night of the Witnesses", prayer initiative now in its fifth edition, in which protagonists and bishops from around the world converge in Paris, in an evening prayer of understanding, to bring their experience: in the Eucharist, in the vigil that will follow, on April 12 at 8 p.m., the witnesses are from Nigeria, Syria, Cuba, and Laos. There will be Cardinal John Onaiyekan, Archbishop of Abuja, Msgr. Ignace Joseph III Younan, Patriarch of the Syriac Catholic Church, Bishop Gregory Elias Tabe, Archbishop of Damascus, Mgr. Arturo González Amador, Bishop of Santa Clara in Cuba and Sister Bounmy, Religious of Charity in Laos. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 09/04/2013
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Filoni in Lyon: "Pauline-Marie Jaricot, touched by faith, was a torch bearer"
- 2014-11-13 - EUROPE/FRANCE – For 15 years on the Seine "The fleuron Saint Jean" is a home for the homeless
- 2013-04-09 - A "flash mob" of young people for religious freedom
- 2013-01-08 - Closure of the Jubilee Year dedicated to Pauline Jaricot, founder of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith
- 2012-10-01 - Cardinal Filoni: a new "missionary audacity" for the new frontiers of mission
- 2012-09-28 - An exhibition which narrates the "impossible mission " for the world missionaries MEP
- 2012-01-09 - Pauline Jaricot was "like David facing Goliath": the Secretary of the Missionary Congregation at the conference in Lyon
- 2012-01-07 - "Pauline Jaricot, a woman always present": international meeting for the Jubilee Year
- 2011-10-12 - Commemoration Day for Pauline Jaricot, foundress of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith: 9 January in Lyon
- 2011-03-21 - Muslim-Christian meditation and Eucharistic Adoration on the 15th anniversary of the abduction of the monks of Tibhirine