AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The Church calls for respect in political dialogue
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - After several days of declarations and tensions, the Catholic Church intervened to mediate in the conflict between the former Presidents (Pastrana and Uribe), with the current government, and invited them to have respect in the discussion and not to make the theme of peace an empty discussion. "One of the serious problems we have had in Colombia is that this issue has been the subject of empty discussions and not a serious policy, because authentic policy is the construction of the common good, which therefore seeks the good of the country, and is therefore an obligation for all," said Cardinal Rubén Salazar.
In the note sent to Fides, it says, "If Colombia must have a common goal, this should be peace, because we have never had it. We have always lived a story full of blood, of victims," said the Cardinal.
Cardinal Salazar expressed the Church's position in a meeting with the press to announce that on April 9, the Catholic Church will join the march in favor of the peace process that will take place throughout the Country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/04/2013)
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar
- 2015-05-07 - Children recruited by the FARC: they are prisoners and infected with the human papilloma virus
- 2015-05-04 - Talks resume for peace, despite the incidents and the distrust of the Colombians
- 2015-04-22 - The Episcopal Council for Peace analyzes the situation of the talks
- 2015-04-21 - Emergency for violence and attacks against minors
- 2015-04-16 - Eleven soldiers killed, the Church asks for a definitive cease-fire
- 2015-04-01 - Special care for children infected with chikungunya
- 2015-03-30 - Joy in the suffering: Sincelejo welcomes the new Bishop remembering the pastor killed
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue
- 2015-03-23 - A priest killed after a violent attempted robbery