AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The Church calls for respect in political dialogue
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - After several days of declarations and tensions, the Catholic Church intervened to mediate in the conflict between the former Presidents (Pastrana and Uribe), with the current government, and invited them to have respect in the discussion and not to make the theme of peace an empty discussion. "One of the serious problems we have had in Colombia is that this issue has been the subject of empty discussions and not a serious policy, because authentic policy is the construction of the common good, which therefore seeks the good of the country, and is therefore an obligation for all," said Cardinal Rubén Salazar.
In the note sent to Fides, it says, "If Colombia must have a common goal, this should be peace, because we have never had it. We have always lived a story full of blood, of victims," said the Cardinal.
Cardinal Salazar expressed the Church's position in a meeting with the press to announce that on April 9, the Catholic Church will join the march in favor of the peace process that will take place throughout the Country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/04/2013)
- 2015-03-30 - Joy in the suffering: Sincelejo welcomes the new Bishop remembering the pastor killed
- 2015-03-25 - Concern of the Church: peace talks must continue
- 2015-03-23 - A priest killed after a violent attempted robbery
- 2015-03-18 - Elections: the Archbishop of Medellin urges the socio-political formation of the community
- 2015-03-10 - "Weapons, from security to threat for the family, must be eliminated" asks the Archbishop of Medellin
- 2015-03-04 - Meeting of Bishops Emeritus
- 2015-03-02 - Testimony of Mgr. Vidal: "Promises arrive in Cúcuta, never decisions"
- 2015-02-21 - Lent: multimedia “On the way to Easter”
- 2015-02-10 - The proposal of the FARC divides public opinion
- 2015-01-29 - Nearly 50 000 children victims of homicide because of armed conflict