EUROPE/ITALY - 61 million children without education: Global Campaign for Education
Rome (Agenzia Fides) - "Without teachers school does not exist!" Is the motto of the Global Campaign for Education (GCE) launched at the Global Action Week for school Education that is promoted each year with the aim to attract the attention of the media, representatives of institutions and society in general on the urgency of achieving a qualified primary education. According to the GCE, about 1.7 million teachers are lacking in the world in order to achieve such a goal in 2015. The situation is very serious, there are still 61 million children not attending primary school. In addition, 75% of students in the poorest countries sometimes attend classes for two or three years without learning to read or write. UNESCO reports that in Africa alone a million teachers and seven countries of the continent have only one teacher for every hundred school-age children. The GCE is a worldwide movement that brings together teachers, humanitarian organizations and community groups who want to put an end to illiteracy of all the world's children. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 25/03/2013)
- 2014-03-27 - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
- 2014-03-21 - EUROPE/ITALY – 24 March, Day of Missionary Martyrs: like them, we are all "witnesses" of the Gospel
- 2014-03-07 - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries
- 2013-12-17 - Immigrant minors: the number of young children has increased tenfold, mostly Syrians fleeing
- 2013-12-03 - EUROPE/ITALY – Mgr. Melchior de Marion Brésillac, from India to Africa to carry out "nothing but the will of God"
- 2013-11-26 - Conclusion of the diocesan phase of the beatification process of Luisa Guidotti Mistrali, missionary doctor, killed in Rhodesia
- 2013-11-22 - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda
- 2013-11-21 - In Rome, a prayer vigil for peace in Syria and the release of the hostages