AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A Day dedicated to Girls and Indigenous Children
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - Today, March 18, Girls and Indigenous Children Day of Venezuela is celebrated. This annual event is dedicated to the 41 indigenous communities in the Latin American country as a sign of recognition and inclusion of children from countries of origin. The initiative aims to contribute to maintaining the historical, cultural, social, linguistic importance of indigenous children, as well as highlighting their active participation in the construction of Venezuela.
Maracaibo, is the capital of Zulia state, in Venezuela, and is the region with the highest number of indigenous people from around the country. The largest community is the Wayuu, that lives together with añú or paraujanos, barí, yukpa and japreira. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/03/2013)
- 2013-12-05 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Voting is "a moral obligation": the Archbishop of Caracas invites to participate in the municipal elections
- 2013-12-02 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Final Message of CAM 4: "Missionary America, share your faith!"
- 2013-11-29 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - CAM 4: The American Church in permanent mission to bear witness to life
- 2013-11-28 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A response of the missionary church to the multicultural world, the work of CAM4
- 2013-11-27 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Joy and music for the great feast of the mission: CAM 4 has begun
- 2013-11-26 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "May this continent allow faith to grow in other continents", said Cardinal Filoni, Special Envoy of the Pope at CAM 4
- 2013-11-25 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - On the eve of the opening of CAM 4, the last phase of the continental missionary journey
- 2013-11-22 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Proclaiming the Gospel in a multicultural world: the opening of CAM 4 approaches
- 2013-11-19 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - No "unclean bread", Bishops' statement on the socio-economic situation
- 2013-11-18 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A week before the continental missionary event, CAM 4 website is online