AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A Day dedicated to Girls and Indigenous Children
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - Today, March 18, Girls and Indigenous Children Day of Venezuela is celebrated. This annual event is dedicated to the 41 indigenous communities in the Latin American country as a sign of recognition and inclusion of children from countries of origin. The initiative aims to contribute to maintaining the historical, cultural, social, linguistic importance of indigenous children, as well as highlighting their active participation in the construction of Venezuela.
Maracaibo, is the capital of Zulia state, in Venezuela, and is the region with the highest number of indigenous people from around the country. The largest community is the Wayuu, that lives together with añú or paraujanos, barí, yukpa and japreira. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/03/2013)
- 2013-05-15 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Maronite Patriarch Rai: "Venezuela is in good hands"
- 2013-05-03 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Urgent mediation of the church, the country still in violence for political clashes
- 2013-04-18 AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Infant malnutrition remains a serious problem
- 2013-04-18 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The church offers itself as a guarantor of peace before the violence in the country
- 2013-04-15 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Nicolas Maduro new Venezuelan President
- 2013-04-05 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - " Abstention is not conducive to the people": the Bishops invite to vote on April 14
- 2013-03-20 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Poverty in the country is three times higher than that of Chile and Uruguay
- 2013-03-18 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A Day dedicated to Girls and Indigenous Children
- 2013-03-09 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Cardinal Urosa in Rome at the Mass for Chavez: "Look ahead and seek peace"
- 2013-03-07 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Tomorrow a Mass for the late President Chavez presided over by Cardinal Urosa in Rome