AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A Day dedicated to Girls and Indigenous Children
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - Today, March 18, Girls and Indigenous Children Day of Venezuela is celebrated. This annual event is dedicated to the 41 indigenous communities in the Latin American country as a sign of recognition and inclusion of children from countries of origin. The initiative aims to contribute to maintaining the historical, cultural, social, linguistic importance of indigenous children, as well as highlighting their active participation in the construction of Venezuela.
Maracaibo, is the capital of Zulia state, in Venezuela, and is the region with the highest number of indigenous people from around the country. The largest community is the Wayuu, that lives together with añú or paraujanos, barí, yukpa and japreira. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/03/2013)
- 2014-03-11 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Churches subject to violence and sacrilegious acts, even during Mass
- 2014-03-10 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The Bishop of Maracay on the situation in the country: "There is no peace without justice"
- 2014-02-28 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Pray for Venezuela and discern events in the light of the Word of God
- 2014-02-27 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The Church at National Conference for Peace: find ways and means for dialogue to resolve the difficulties of Venezuela
- 2014-02-26 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - “A process of reconciliation is necessary”, Bishops call dialogue to discover the truth
- 2014-02-26 AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Christians in prayer to accompany imminent National Peace Conference
- 2014-02-21 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Cardinal Urosa to the government: "dialogue that recognizes the country's problems "
- 2014-02-18 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Funeral of the two Salesians killed: more than 50 years at the service of Venezuela
- 2014-02-17 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Two Salesians killed and two others injured during a robbery, insecurity in the country is worrying
- 2014-02-15 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The Bishop of Maracay: "One has the right to protest, but violence has to stop"