AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A Day dedicated to Girls and Indigenous Children
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - Today, March 18, Girls and Indigenous Children Day of Venezuela is celebrated. This annual event is dedicated to the 41 indigenous communities in the Latin American country as a sign of recognition and inclusion of children from countries of origin. The initiative aims to contribute to maintaining the historical, cultural, social, linguistic importance of indigenous children, as well as highlighting their active participation in the construction of Venezuela.
Maracaibo, is the capital of Zulia state, in Venezuela, and is the region with the highest number of indigenous people from around the country. The largest community is the Wayuu, that lives together with añú or paraujanos, barí, yukpa and japreira. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/03/2013)
- 2014-10-28 - Cardinal Urosa Savino: "Respect for political prisoners"
- 2014-10-21 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – May Saint John Paul II accompany Venezuela in the paths of peace and justice
- 2014-10-01 - "Division is not from God": in march for peace and unity of the country
- 2014-09-30 - Violence in the country does not decrease: a military chaplain killed
- 2014-09-27 - "Do not be afraid of peace" Pope Francis’ letter to Venezuela
- 2014-09-16 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Laity meet apostolic Nuncio, a tradition which encourages the unity of the Church
- 2014-08-12 - "Commit to a missionary cooperation", the V National Missionary Congress has concluded
- 2014-08-06 - The V National Missionary Congress begins
- 2014-07-14 - "Give teachers their salaries": church’s appeal in favor of teachers
- 2014-07-12 - "It is impossible to find a solution if you do not listen to the people", say the Bishops