ASIA/HONG KONG - Cardinal John Tong encourages catechumens to participate actively in evangelization
HongKong (Agenzia Fides) - Before leaving for Rome for the Conclave, Cardinal John Tong, Bishop of the Diocese of Hong Kong, encouraged the catechumens to participate actively in evangelization to bear witness to Christ. According to the "Kung Kao Po," the weekly bulletin of the Diocese of Hong Kong, the diocese is preparing for the baptism of 3500 catechumens at Easter this year.
Speaking to the catechumens, card. Tong urged candidates to take to heart the "living water" that is the faith and also "the water of communion," inviting them "to intense prayer before and after baptism" and "to join associations and movements in Catholic community so that they support each other, living a concrete communion."
(NZ) (Agenzia Fides 08/03/2013)
- 2015-02-09 - The preciousness of consecrated life: three days of celebrations
- 2014-12-06 - Show everyone “the joy of consecrated life”, use Facebook to foster vocations
- 2014-11-12 - Pilgrims in Yim Tin Tsai recall St. Joseph Freinademetz
- 2013-06-10 - Dialogue and charity for a new society: Card. Sarah for the 60 years of Caritas
- 2013-03-08 - Cardinal John Tong encourages catechumens to participate actively in evangelization
- 2013-02-22 - Pilgrimage with relics of St Vincent de Paul
- 2013-02-19 - Church in perfect harmony with the Pope’s Message for World Communications Day
- 2013-02-15 - "From Sacred Scripture to Jesus Christ": Pastoral Letter for Lent
- 2013-02-14 - Catholic school students - an active part in the Chinese New Year Fair
- 2013-02-04 - "We are all missionaries": the way of WYD in Hong Kong sponsored by the Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese begins