ASIA/HONGKONG - Pilgrimage with relics of St Vincent de Paul
Hong Kong (Agenzia Fides) – Catholics in Hong Kong, particularly members of the St Vincent de Paul Society, welcomed the relics of the Founder as part of celebrations for the 150th anniversary of the founding of the Federation of Hong Kong. According to the Hong Kong diocesan bulletin Kung Kao Po and the Society’s official website http://www.svp.org.hk/, the pilgrimage with the relics St Vincent de Paul, which from January to August will visit 16 parishes served by the Society and the Federation Centre, intends to "promote the Saint’s spirit of humility and service of the poor". The highlight of the pilgrimage will be a solemn Mass, adoration and prayer on 23 August at Christ the Worker parish "to encourage the faithful to follow his example in order to sanctify themselves and sanctify others and to change the world through daily service of the poor".
Besides the Pilgrimage around Hong Kong, the Federation is organising a pilgrimage to the mother house in France from 17 to 28 April and will also hold the General Assembly in February.
After 150 years of discipleship, the Hong Kong Federation of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul cares for 25 parishes.
(NZ) (Agenzia Fides 2013/02/22)
- 2015-02-09 - The preciousness of consecrated life: three days of celebrations
- 2014-12-06 - Show everyone “the joy of consecrated life”, use Facebook to foster vocations
- 2014-11-12 - Pilgrims in Yim Tin Tsai recall St. Joseph Freinademetz
- 2013-06-10 - Dialogue and charity for a new society: Card. Sarah for the 60 years of Caritas
- 2013-03-08 - Cardinal John Tong encourages catechumens to participate actively in evangelization
- 2013-02-22 - Pilgrimage with relics of St Vincent de Paul
- 2013-02-19 - Church in perfect harmony with the Pope’s Message for World Communications Day
- 2013-02-15 - "From Sacred Scripture to Jesus Christ": Pastoral Letter for Lent
- 2013-02-14 - Catholic school students - an active part in the Chinese New Year Fair
- 2013-02-04 - "We are all missionaries": the way of WYD in Hong Kong sponsored by the Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese begins