AMERICA/BRAZIL - A parish in the heart of the Amazon for the Redemptorist missionaries
Acre (Agenzia Fides) - For a community of Redemptorist missionary priests the parish of São Jose was given, in Rodrigues Alves in the State of Acre, Brazil, the State to the west of the Northwest of Brazil, in the middle of the Amazon, on the border with Peru .
A note sent to Fides Agency by the press office of the Redemptorist Missionaries reports that the four members of the new community are Mgr. Gutemberg Regis (Bishop Emeritus of Coari, AM), Father Marino Almeida, Father Francisco Andrade and Father Irmão Eliomar.
Last January His Exc. Mgr. Mose João Pontelo C.S.S.p., Bishop of the Diocese of Cruzeiro do Sul, warmly welcomed the Redemptorist Community, and appointed Father Almeida Marinho as parish priest. The new priests appointed immediately began to prepare a pastoral plan. One of the problems to be dealt with is the situation of migrants passing to and from other cities in Brazil or Peru, as in the case of Haitians (see Fides 14/04/2012).
The ceremony was also attended by the Father Zenildo Luiz Pereira da Silva, Vice Provincial of the Redemptorist Congregation of Manaus. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/02/2013)
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"
- 2015-02-25 - Mobilization for political Reform and transparent elections continues
- 2015-02-18 - Fraternity Campaign 2015 starts today, theme "Brotherhood: Church and Society "
- 2015-02-16 - Ten years ago the assassination of Sr Dorothy Stang, a seed which is bearing copious fruit
- 2015-02-06 - Missionary organizations at work in 2015: Permanent formation and suburbs
- 2015-01-28 - Missionaries study "concentration and manipulation of the media"
- 2015-01-12 - Recalling the earthquake in Haiti with the testimony of Zilda Arns
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues