AMERICA/BRAZIL - A parish in the heart of the Amazon for the Redemptorist missionaries
Acre (Agenzia Fides) - For a community of Redemptorist missionary priests the parish of São Jose was given, in Rodrigues Alves in the State of Acre, Brazil, the State to the west of the Northwest of Brazil, in the middle of the Amazon, on the border with Peru .
A note sent to Fides Agency by the press office of the Redemptorist Missionaries reports that the four members of the new community are Mgr. Gutemberg Regis (Bishop Emeritus of Coari, AM), Father Marino Almeida, Father Francisco Andrade and Father Irmão Eliomar.
Last January His Exc. Mgr. Mose João Pontelo C.S.S.p., Bishop of the Diocese of Cruzeiro do Sul, warmly welcomed the Redemptorist Community, and appointed Father Almeida Marinho as parish priest. The new priests appointed immediately began to prepare a pastoral plan. One of the problems to be dealt with is the situation of migrants passing to and from other cities in Brazil or Peru, as in the case of Haitians (see Fides 14/04/2012).
The ceremony was also attended by the Father Zenildo Luiz Pereira da Silva, Vice Provincial of the Redemptorist Congregation of Manaus. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/02/2013)
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Franciscan Sister murdered
- 2015-07-23 - Mission Campaign 2015: material ready
- 2015-07-21 - The water crisis threatens millions of people
- 2015-07-20 - A video documents the first missionary experience of young people in the Amazon
- 2015-07-01 - The indifference of the state in the face of a situation of injustice denounced by the Bishop of Dourados
- 2015-06-25 - More than 20,000 people every week prepare themselves for the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- 2015-06-23 - Report of CIMI: suicide and infant mortality are decimating the indigenous population
- 2015-06-16 - On the border between Peru and Bolivia, crossroads of migrants
- 2015-06-16 - "No to prejudice, yes to rights and participation": week of Migrants
- 2015-06-10 - From Haiti to Brazil in the hands of human traffickers, with the hope of a better future