AMERICA - The radio as a tool for evangelization
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The Department of Communication of the Latin American Episcopal Council (CELAM) celebrated with UNESCO and the entire world the Day of the Radio.
A note sent to Fides Agency presents the initiatives organized by CELAM for this occasion, in particular a web page and an invitation to all local Catholic radio stations to send an audio message in MP3, in which the contribution of the issuer to evangelization and the pastoral plans of one’s own diocese are highlighted. The messages will be shared in the appropriate page on the site of CELAM (www.celam.org/especialradio/).
CELAM remembers that the radios are the most common means of communication used by the Church, and is the most important in Latin America and the Caribbean.
"The radio is one of the finest treasures of the Church. The messages enter into the minds and hearts of the listeners and facilitate communication and communion. The Catholic radio are tools that work for peace, love, education and the defense of life. Thanks to these wonderful techniques, human society has taken on new dimensions, time and space have been exceeded, and man has become a citizen of the world, partner and witness of the most remote events and events of all humanity ," the statement concludes recalling the Paul VI’s Message. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/02/2013)
- 2013-12-12 - AMERICA – On the feast of our Lady of Guadalupe, CELAM renews its website
- 2013-11-07 - The Meeting of Guadalupe closes the Year of Faith in the continent
- 2013-09-30 - New portal at the service of migrants: an American initiative
- 2013-09-05 - "The serious threat to peace in Syria cannot leave anyone indifferent": peace initiatives in Latin America
- 2013-08-09 - Today International Day of the world’s Indigenous Peoples is celebrated
- 2013-05-23 - "A Continental Mission in solidarity with those who suffer", CELAM follows Pope Francis
- 2013-02-27 - It is urgent to eradicate the phenomenon of children employed in domestic work
- 2013-02-14 - The radio as a tool for evangelization
- 2012-11-29 - Poverty declines in Latin America, but 66 million people live in extreme poverty
- 2012-09-20 - Baobab is operational , a network that connects all members of Caritas in the world