OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - New Catholic schools are born, enrollment increases
Melbourne (Agenzia Fides) - Thirteen new schools will be built in the north and west suburbs of Melbourne, in what will be the largest Catholic structure since the 70s. Schools are expected to be built in several villages inhabited by families. The 10 elementary schools and three junior schools will welcome between 5,000 and 8,000 students. The first to open next year will be in Epping North. This is a very exciting time for Catholic education. Since 2003, enrollment in the Catholic institutions has increased by 10%. In 2012, about 198 000 children attended them. It is a growing phenomenon in the last 6 years. In all Catholic institutions enrollment continues to increase, in Victoria there has been a 40% increase. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 20/12/2012)
- 2013-05-20 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - New project against trafficking and child labor in India
- 2013-02-22 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - Government tells Churches "homosexuals must not be discriminated against in social service"
- 2012-12-20 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - New Catholic schools are born, enrollment increases
- 2012-11-26 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - "We oppose the policy of prolonged detention of asylum seekers and we are particularly concerned about the children": Council’s appeal for social justice
- 2012-10-19 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - Catholic Mission: To restore hope to the people of the Philippines devastated by the Typhoon Ondoy
- 2012-04-26 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA-Campaign of the Pontifical Mission Societies of Australia for Ethiopia's population
- 2012-03-29 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - The support of the Australian Catholic to 195 dioceses in 38 nations through Catholic Mission
- 2012-01-19 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - The liturgy is enriched with aboriginal chants and prayers in a church on the outskirts of Sydney
- 2011-11-24 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA-The Bishops listen to an Aboriginal leader, "an agenda of hope"
- 2011-10-17 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - "Aborigines and immigrants are the heart of the mission", says the Archbishop of Canberra