ASIA/TAIWAN - To grow the mustard seed of a tree in the Year of Faith: IX Seminar on Sacred Scripture
Hsin Chu (Agenzia Fides) - "To deepen the mystery of faith, to live the sacrament of thanksgiving" was the theme of the IX Seminar of Sacred Scripture in Taiwan, held recently in the Diocese of Hsin Chu. According to the organizer, the purpose of the meeting was to "grow the mustard seed until it becomes a tree in the Year of Faith, with the help of the Word of God." The Catholic Weekly of the Archdiocese of Tai Pei informs that 180 catechists and pastoral workers from seven dioceses and apostolic administration of Kinmen-Matsu in Taiwan attended the meeting. The hope expressed is that "each of them, like the mustard seed becomes a tree," striving to "live faith in God with the love for men and in communion," to plant the tree of faith throughout the island.
During the seminar the participants shared the power of the Word of God in the life of faith and evangelization, especially experiencing a strong experience of communion and spirituality led by His Exc. Mgr. Li Ke Mian, Bishop of Hsin Chu, and by Mgr. Chen Ke, Secretary of the Episcopal Conference. Finally, His Exc. Mgr. John Hung Shan Chuan, President of the Regional Episcopal Conference of Taiwan, Archbishop of Tai Pei, presided at the end of Mass and announced that the X edition of the Seminary on Sacred Scripture will be held in the Diocese of Tai Nan, which will host this annual event. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 05/12/2012)
- 2014-10-10 - Asia-Pacific Congress: "As a Church, we cannot remain silent witnesses of the conditions of migrants and their families"
- 2014-09-12 - The first church in China dedicated to Saint John Paul II has been consecrated
- 2013-04-18 - The local Church wonders about faith and evangelization
- 2013-03-11 - The Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese of Tai Chung accompanies the young people’s spiritual journey of Lent
- 2013-03-01 - Faith, Creed and Evangelization: theme of fraternity and communion of priests, men and women religious and consecrated laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-02-13 - The National Council of Churches promotes campaigns to raise awareness in society
- 2013-01-31 - "A hot winter" Chinese New Year full of love also for the most vulnerable
- 2013-01-24 - Missionary mandate to the new members of the Apostolate of the Laity of the Diocese of Kao Hsiung
- 2013-01-22 - The Bishops of Taiwan practice the use of the mass media and public relations management
- 2013-01-17 - "The greatest gift of the Year of Faith": three Vietnamese deacons of the Chinese Congregation of the Little Brothers of St. John the Baptist have been ordained