AMERICA/PANAMA - Archbishop Ulloa is the new President of SEDAC
Panama City (Agenzia Fides) – His Exc. Mgr. José Domingo Ulloa Mendieta, Archbishop of Panama, was elected President of the Bishops' Secretariat of Central America (SEDAC) for a term of four years.
The Auxiliary Bishop of the same archdiocese, His Exc. Mgr. Pablo Varela Server, was instead appointed Secretary of the SEDAC. The election took place during the General Assembly of the SEDAC, on November 29 (see Fides 28/11/2012).
The note sent to Fides Agency says that Mons.Ulloa expressed with great humility his gratitude to God, and accepted the responsibility to support the action of the Church in the region, which has as its main challenges issues such as youth, the promotion of priestly vocations, poverty and the coherence of Catholics in public life. Mgr. Ulloa had faced recently serious social and political problems of the Catholic community of which he is Pastor, only a few weeks ago, in October, he intervened to propose dialogue as the only solution to the conflict in the city of Colon (see Fides 24/10/2012). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/12/2012)
- 2015-07-07 - Plenary Assembly of Bishops: defense of marriage, family and creation, reconciliation, justice and corruption
- 2015-06-30 - Cardinal Lacunza: "despite scandals and corruption, we have to believe in justice"
- 2015-03-24 - Summit of the Americas: the Vatican Secretary of State will be present, for the first time
- 2015-02-23 - “We must work for the poor”: Cardinal Lacunza says on the feast of Cristo de Atalaya
- 2014-12-19 - Even Cuba will attend the Summit of the Americas: a dream come true
- 2014-12-16 - Last round of by-elections, the local Church sends observers to polling stations
- 2014-08-04 - First Congress on the Family "source of social wealth"
- 2014-07-12 - Insecurity and lack of protection of resources among the serious problems of the Country according to the Bishops
- 2014-05-22 - On a mission in the vulnerable suburbs of society: migrants, itinerant people, displaced ...
- 2014-04-30 - First Congress on human mobility in Latin America and the Caribbean