EUROPE/SPAIN - 220 million malnourished children, penalized in their growth and future
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - On the occasion of the International Day of the Child, which will be held on November 20, the Spanish organization Acción contra el Hambre has reported that over 200 million children suffer from chronic and acute malnutrition, respectively 165 million and 55 million. To try to deal with this scourge, the NGO has promoted a campaign 'Falta infancia' (Childhood disappeared), to denounce the irreversible consequences of malnourished child with consequences on their physical, cognitive development. All factors that do not allow them to grow healthy, play, go to school, concentrate and learn. In addition, malnourished children are more vulnerable to infections, which further reduce their appetite, aggravate the disease and inhibit growth. According to Acción contra el Hambre malnourished children of today are tomorrow's poor and, unfortunately, different countries and generations are in this situation. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 16/11/2012)
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa
- 2015-03-20 - Every minute a child dies due to lack of drinking water
- 2015-03-16 - Pastor of the Shrine of Virxe do Cristal killed
- 2015-03-10 - Migration: "The Church is the critical conscience before the authorities"
- 2015-03-02 - Not always employment is the way out of social exclusion
- 2015-02-26 - Despite the crisis, the PMS in Spain has increased the support for missions by 20%
- 2015-02-13 - "The way we treat immigrants today will leave a mark in our history"
- 2015-01-09 - Bishops appeal to the government: listen to immigrants before expelling them
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Fund raising Christmas markets in aid of HIV positive and abused children in Zimbabwe
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Missionaries victims of Ebola: we remember our missionaries, what they do and for whom they work