AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Scolastic integration "is the gateway to human formation"
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - "In spite of the efforts and progress, there is still much to be done in schools and communities to achieve equal education for all, to overcome cultural, economic, social and racial barriers, which are our great challenge ": says to Fides the director of the international Federation of Fe y Alegría, Ignacio Suñol, during the 43rd Congress of Fe y Alegría, being held in Cochabamba since November 6, which concludes today. According to Sunol more than 3 million children in Latin American countries are excluded from primary school for different situations, which is why the challenge is to build a model of public social management, free and inclusive.
In the note sent to Fides Agency, there are also statements made at the Congress of the Father General of the Society of Jesus, by Adolfo Nicolás, who raised the need that Fe y Alegría, present in Latin America, Africa and Europe, extends its boundaries of social mission specifically in the educational field which is the work of the Jesuits. According to the Jesuit Superior, scolastic integration" is the gateway to human formation, necessary today because we live in a plurality and diversity much more explicit and dramatic." The model of scolastic integration carried out by Fe y Alegría in several countries, is successful because, according to Fr. Nicolás, it is adaptable to different nations on the basis of their reality, but it is always necessary to train educators constantly, depending on the challenges that arise. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/11/2012)
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections
- 2014-05-16 - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
- 2014-04-28 - Children sold for sexual and labor exploitation and for the sale of organs
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying