AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Scolastic integration "is the gateway to human formation"
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - "In spite of the efforts and progress, there is still much to be done in schools and communities to achieve equal education for all, to overcome cultural, economic, social and racial barriers, which are our great challenge ": says to Fides the director of the international Federation of Fe y Alegría, Ignacio Suñol, during the 43rd Congress of Fe y Alegría, being held in Cochabamba since November 6, which concludes today. According to Sunol more than 3 million children in Latin American countries are excluded from primary school for different situations, which is why the challenge is to build a model of public social management, free and inclusive.
In the note sent to Fides Agency, there are also statements made at the Congress of the Father General of the Society of Jesus, by Adolfo Nicolás, who raised the need that Fe y Alegría, present in Latin America, Africa and Europe, extends its boundaries of social mission specifically in the educational field which is the work of the Jesuits. According to the Jesuit Superior, scolastic integration" is the gateway to human formation, necessary today because we live in a plurality and diversity much more explicit and dramatic." The model of scolastic integration carried out by Fe y Alegría in several countries, is successful because, according to Fr. Nicolás, it is adaptable to different nations on the basis of their reality, but it is always necessary to train educators constantly, depending on the challenges that arise. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/11/2012)
- 2013-12-03 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz
- 2013-11-11 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Bishops' message at the end of the Year of Faith: "Faith is a treasure to live as children of God"
- 2013-11-06 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - During their 96th meeting, the Bolivian Bishops will close the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-24 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Two thousand children sentenced to life behind bars along with their imprisoned mothers
- 2013-10-24 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "It is time for human integration": conclusions of the meeting between Peru, Bolivia and Chile
- 2013-10-23 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Integration, youth and migration: Priorities of the tripartite meeting in Peru, Bolivia and Chile
- 2013-10-17 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Missionary Children: Third Congress with more than 2000 children in the area of Potosi
- 2013-09-06 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Peace and War, a key concern of the Church in Bolivia
- 2013-08-24 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Violence and overcrowding in the prison of Palmasola: condemnation of Bishops
- 2013-08-05 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "Aim for the common good, attentive towards those who seek wealth or power": an invitation to reflect on national holiday