AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Scolastic integration "is the gateway to human formation"
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - "In spite of the efforts and progress, there is still much to be done in schools and communities to achieve equal education for all, to overcome cultural, economic, social and racial barriers, which are our great challenge ": says to Fides the director of the international Federation of Fe y Alegría, Ignacio Suñol, during the 43rd Congress of Fe y Alegría, being held in Cochabamba since November 6, which concludes today. According to Sunol more than 3 million children in Latin American countries are excluded from primary school for different situations, which is why the challenge is to build a model of public social management, free and inclusive.
In the note sent to Fides Agency, there are also statements made at the Congress of the Father General of the Society of Jesus, by Adolfo Nicolás, who raised the need that Fe y Alegría, present in Latin America, Africa and Europe, extends its boundaries of social mission specifically in the educational field which is the work of the Jesuits. According to the Jesuit Superior, scolastic integration" is the gateway to human formation, necessary today because we live in a plurality and diversity much more explicit and dramatic." The model of scolastic integration carried out by Fe y Alegría in several countries, is successful because, according to Fr. Nicolás, it is adaptable to different nations on the basis of their reality, but it is always necessary to train educators constantly, depending on the challenges that arise. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/11/2012)
- 2013-04-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Theft in the churches: Cardinal Terrazas responds to Morales
- 2013-04-19 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - A happy world for street children
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Church in the TIPNIS, "a missionary presence committed to human promotion"
- 2013-04-15 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Domestic violence for almost 83% of children in the country
- 2013-04-11 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "A missionary Church always communicates the truth": 95th Assembly of Bishops
- 2013-01-18 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The first indigenous Bishop consecrated in Santa Cruz: a man born, raised and formed in this land
- 2013-01-09 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Clarification on the properties of the Apostolic Vicariate of Beni in TIPNIS
- 2012-12-06 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Irregularities in the consultation of the Tipnis have been found
- 2012-11-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Even the Catholic Church in the Inter-institutional Committee to prepare a report on the TIPNIS
- 2012-11-27 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Malnutrition and lack of health care and hygiene for children who live with their parents in prisons