AFRICA/GUINEA BISSAU - October 13 - opening of the Year of Faith; "Maria, increase our faith" theme of the 8 December pilgrimage
Bissau (Agenzia Fides) - The Year of Faith in Guinea-Bissau will officially begin on Saturday, October 13 in Bissau. The decision was taken during a meeting of the Diocesan Secretariat for the Pastoral care of the Diocese, held on 26 and 27 September at the Diocesan Chancery in Bissau. According to information sent to Fides by the Curia of Bissau, the solemn celebration that will mark the opening of the Year of Faith will be held in the Cathedral of Bissau and will be presided over by the Bishop of Bissau, His Exc. Mgr. José Camnate na Bissign. Pastoral workers have also decided to put the Year of Faith at the center of all activities taken up by the Diocese. Even the motto of the national pilgrimage this year is inspired by faith, "Mary Burinu fe" (Maria, increase our faith.) The theme will provide useful guidance to the pilgrims of the two dioceses in the country, during the national pilgrimage to the Shrine of Cacheu to be held on December 8. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 02/10/2012)
- 2014-09-19 - awareness and prevention
- 2014-04-12 - The Bishops on the eve of the election: vote for those who promote the common good
- 2014-04-11 - Presidential and parliamentary elections will be held on Sunday
- 2013-12-09 - On December 13, National Day of Prayer and Fasting for Peace convened by the Bishops
- 2012-12-28 - Rediscovering our faith and witnessing it in society: letter from the Bishop of Bissau
- 2012-11-14 - Cholera outbreak: lack of health facilities and functional water systems
- 2012-10-22 - Allegations to Portugal for the assault against the barracks, so "the isolation of the Country accentuates"
- 2012-10-02 - October 13 - opening of the Year of Faith; "Maria, increase our faith" theme of the 8 December pilgrimage
- 2012-09-24 - Bishop of Bissau's appeal: "we urgently need medicines for tuberculosis and AIDS"
- 2012-08-27 - Missionary experience of the Youth Movement to Build