AMERICA - Baobab is operational , a network that connects all members of Caritas in the world
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The President of Caritas Internationalis, Cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga, has launched a new internal platform on the web called "Caritas Baobab", through which Caritas members from around the world will be able to connect to each other and to work together. In fact, this network will link the staff of more than 160 countries, allowing the communication system of Caritas to advance and its ability to respond quickly to natural disasters and other emergencies, to coordinate efforts and share resources.
In the note sent to Fides Agency by CELAM (Council of Episcopal Conferences of Latin America), one reads what Cardinal Rodríguez said on the initiative: "Caritas Baobab will provide cutting edge technology to help better serve the poor. The higher the number of people we can mobilize for any emergency, the more opportunities we will have to get a concrete answer. In this modern world, to get fast and accurate information is a key factor for the success in our work. "
The Caritas Baobab system, or simply "Baobab", was developed in collaboration with Caritas Germany. As a pilot project,it has been used to date in response to emergencies, training, communication with the media and the regional communication. Now it will be open to all members of the staff of Caritas, in coordination with the national or regional offices of Caritas. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/09/2012)
- 2015-11-16 - Latin American Bishops protagonists of the "Pact of the Catacombs"
- 2015-05-16 - Message of the XXXV General Assembly of CELAM: "Living a missionary conversion as a church which goes forth"
- 2015-05-07 - 88 environmentalists killed in Latin America in 2014
- 2015-04-16 - Bishops Emeritus continue to give their contribution
- 2015-04-16 - Almost 4 million children in Latin America do not have access to primary school
- 2015-03-17 - Human rights and extractive industries in Latin America: the position of the Church
- 2015-03-06 - Pan-Amazon Ecclesial Network: For Mgr. Barreto the life of 30 million people is at stake
- 2015-01-15 - New web portal of CELAM, to reach the "suburbs" of the continent
- 2015-01-02 - Drastic increase of children who try to escape from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador
- 2014-12-11 - The new land of the "landless", a living and current history