AMERICA/CANADA - Missionary animation in the context of the new evangelization
Montreal (Agenzia Fides) - "Heirs, heirs of God's Word .. let's give a drink to our brothers and sisters" is the theme of World Mission Day 2012 for the French-speaking Canada that led the meeting of the National Council of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) of French Canada, celebrated in Montreal from June 19 to 21.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, the meeting was a time of formation, reflection and sharing, the theme of the next Mission Day is the New Evangelization.
Organized by the National Directorate of the PMS of French Canada, the meeting was attended by Diocesan Directors of the PMS from different provinces of Canada - Quebec, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Ontario - and members of the national office of the PMS, led by father André Gagnon, SJ, national Director. Among those present at the biennial meeting were Mgr. Jan Dumon, Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle and Baptistine Ralamboarison, Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of Missionary Childhood, who arrived from Rome. Their interventions, which were much appreciated, allowed members of the National Council to deepen the missionary vocation and the role of the PMS in Canada. To note also the presence of the Committee for the Missions of the Assembly of Catholic Bishops of Quebec, led by His Exc. Mgr. Gilles Lussier, Bishop of the diocese of Joliette, who led a discussion on finding the most suitable future roads for missionary animation in the context of the new evangelization. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 03/07/2012)
- 2015-10-29 - The Cross of Evangelization opens the path to CAM 2018
- 2015-05-11 - First sanctuary in Canada for St. Gianna Beretta Molla: "She is like one of us"
- 2015-03-23 - The Canadian Bishops in solidarity with CELAM: Defense of creation and problems regarding mines
- 2014-05-12 - Cameroonian priest killed in a firefight in Canada
- 2014-03-03 - A goal of solidarity has been accomplished: a house for 400 families in Haiti, left homeless after the earthquake
- 2013-03-11 - "New evangelization in the mission Ad Gentes", final preparations for the CAM 4 COMLA 9
- 2012-12-03 - "Quality journalism is ethical journalism": contribution of the WACC
- 2012-07-03 - Missionary animation in the context of the new evangelization
- 2011-12-10 - The bishops of Canada to Haiti in solidarity 2 years after the earthquake
- 2011-10-22 - "We are witnesses, builders!": PMS Video for World Mission Day