EUROPE/GERMANY - The German Church presents the report on her missionary activities all over the world
Aachen (Fides Service) - "Universal Church 2010". This is the title of the first report on the missionary activities carried out by different members of the Catholic Church in Germany. The document gives an account of the missionary activities of 133 religious communities, 27 dioceses, six major international projects to help the universal Church and other institutions such as the Commission "Justice and Peace" and the new "Institute for the universal church and mission", even "Misereor", the German Childhood Missionary "Die Sternsinger ", and the national direction of the Mission Societies in Germany "missio" with its headquarters in Aachen explain the many aspects of their commitment to the universal Church.
For projects in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the countries of Eastern Europe more than 539 million euros were provided in 2010. Besides financial assistance to support development projects several collaborations with church groups, associations, parishes and dioceses around the world were launched. On the humanitarian front priority to victims of natural disasters in Haiti and Pakistan was given.
The annual report is published by the new "Conference of the Universal Church" founded in April this year, which brings together the realities of the German Church more committed on an international level. Head of the conference was the President of the Commission for the missions of the German Bishops, S. E. Mgr. Ludwig Schick, Archbishop of Bamberg, who in his introduction to the report recalls the common foundation of commitment to the universal Church: "the commitment to the mission of Christ and the testimony of God's salvation among all peoples". (MS) (Agenzia Fides 08/03/2011)
- 2015-10-09 - Scalabrini Fest 2015: migration characterizes the history of humanity
- 2015-03-06 - "Witnesses of Christ": new edition of the German martyrology of the twentieth century with 60 missionaries killed
- 2014-12-19 - The Star Singers want to "ensure healthy nutrition for children in the Philippines and around the world"
- 2014-10-11 - Newness of the Blessed Scalabrini in the Migration world today
- 2013-12-18 - EUROPE/GERMANY – From the Star Singers: "a blessing for refugee children in Malawi and around the world"
- 2013-10-14 - Syrian Refugees in the Benedictine abbey of Weingarten
- 2013-10-09 - "Exodus for Peace": The Contribution of the Scalabrini Family on a journey with migrants and refugees
- 2012-12-20 - From the Star Singers: a blessing for Tanzania
- 2012-10-10 - Experience communion among differences is possible if we remain in Christ, as the branches and the vine
- 2011-12-21 - "Knock on doors, insist on your rights": 54th Campaign of the Star Singers (Sternsinger) who have chosen Nicaragua as this year’s symbol country