ASIA/TAIWAN - A WEB OF LIFE FILLED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT: IN COMMUNION WITH GOD, NEIGHBOUR AND CREATION. SISTER CELIA CHUA, CHAIRS 13th CONGRESS OF RELIGIOUS WOMEN IN ASIA AND OCEANIA IN TAIPEI
Taipei (Agenzia Fides) - "wang luo Chinese for web, symbolises communications at many different levels, directions and functions. Our aim is to weave a web of life filled with the Holy Spirit: in communion with God, neighbour and creation” Sister Celia Chua, from Taiwan a Missionary Sister of the Immaculate Conception tells Fides Service. Sisters Celia is presently chair person of the Congress for Women Religious in Asia and Oceania being held 20 to 30 October in Taipei, capital of Taiwan. Besides more than 100 women religious from 19 different countries in Asia and Oceania, also priests, Brothers and lay Catholics are attending the Congress with the theme “Re-weaving the web of life ” to identify and discuss challenges facing consecrated life in Asia and Oceania in the historical and cultural context of the third millennium.
Sister Celia, tells Fides: "The theme of the meeting follows on that of the previous congress which focussed on reconciliation. We intend to reflect on how to weave a web to carry life lived in the Holy Spirit, to respond effectively to the challenges of mission today. As consecrated persons we want to see how to live our vows of poverty, obedience and chastity in the present day context with its challenges of multi-cultural societies, interreligious dialogue, in the diverse regional situations in Asia and Oceania. The congress is a powerful experience of communion which we hope to take back to our countries of origin".
The Congress includes conferences, discussion groups and reports from different cultural areas. The image of the web is "used to describe modern communications", Sister Celia says. "But virtual communications can never replace interpersonal communication which leads to communion. We can proclaim the Gospel on the web but it is handed on through our lives".
The Asian-Oceania Meeting of Religious is held every three years in a different country. See information in English and Chinese www.catholic.org.tw/amor13tw
The Congress logo is inspired by the Book of Genesis with the Holy Spirit working in chaos. Blue is for God the Father; White is the spirit breathing over the waters; Red is for mankind sharing Divine life; all are embraced in communion with God, heaven, earth and humanity. (PA) (Fides Service 27/10/2003 Lines: 33 Words: 411)
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty