Rome (Fides Service) - Form students, teachers, post graduates, professionals using modern technology to spread a culture of development and solidarity with the South of the world is the aim of a new undertaking of On-Line specialised Courses offered by Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo (VIS) International Volunteers for Development, an NGO belonging to the Salesian fathers.
The three month course comprises 10 lessons and can be followed by individuals or groups. There is a final test. The specialised courses are five:
- Cooperation for Development offers a broad view of international cooperation for development;
- Economy of Development, presents means for understanding the main problems encountered for economy of development: wealth, growth, distribution of income, poverty, means for eliminating poverty;
- Education to intercultural vision on two levels: economic–social, and more specifically intercultural;
- Human Rights and Development, offers information on the complex relation between human rights and development.
- Orientation to International Volunteer work for aspirant international volunteers to help them make a conscious decision and engage in professional action in the South of the world.
Enrolment is accepted until 3 October 2003. For more information phone 06 51.629.311 or see www.volint.it
(PA) (Fides Service 15/9/2003 lines 28 words 231)