EUROPE/ITALY - SALESIAN NGO VOLUNTEERS INTERNATIONAL OFFERS ON LINE FORMATION
Rome (Fides Service) - Form students, teachers, post graduates, professionals using modern technology to spread a culture of development and solidarity with the South of the world is the aim of a new undertaking of On-Line specialised Courses offered by Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo (VIS) International Volunteers for Development, an NGO belonging to the Salesian fathers.
The three month course comprises 10 lessons and can be followed by individuals or groups. There is a final test. The specialised courses are five:
- Cooperation for Development offers a broad view of international cooperation for development;
- Economy of Development, presents means for understanding the main problems encountered for economy of development: wealth, growth, distribution of income, poverty, means for eliminating poverty;
- Education to intercultural vision on two levels: economic–social, and more specifically intercultural;
- Human Rights and Development, offers information on the complex relation between human rights and development.
- Orientation to International Volunteer work for aspirant international volunteers to help them make a conscious decision and engage in professional action in the South of the world.
Enrolment is accepted until 3 October 2003. For more information phone 06 51.629.311 or see www.volint.it
(PA) (Fides Service 15/9/2003 lines 28 words 231)
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls