AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
Sao Paolo (Agenzia Fides) - The city of Vargem Grande Paulista (SP) will host between 21 and 24 August, the "Ecumenism and Mission" Symposium.
The event, which is organized by the National Council of Christian Churches of Brazil (CONIC) in collaboration with the Pontifical Catholic University of Parana (PUC-PR) and the Board of Ecumenism, Laity and Mission of the Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB), will be based at the Mariapoli Ginetta Centre.
In addition to discussing the document "Christian Witness in a pluralistic world", prepared by the CMI, guests will be able to reflect on the historical path of the ecumenical movement in Brazil, having as a background the contribution of the Regional Conference of Bishops of the North-East and the Second Vatican Council. Parallel to this there will be an analysis of the challenges for the witness and Christian mission - as the name Symposium suggests - always in a theological perspective of inclusion and dialogue.
The note sent to Fides of the PMS in Brazil highlights the importance of this event after the increase of the formation activities of Christian communities in the region that are involving a huge number of participants. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/08/2014)
AMERICA/BRAZIL – THE "ECUMENISM AND THE MISSIONS" SYMPOSIUM BEGINS
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"
- 2014-09-02 - Bishops’ Conference promotes television debate between candidates for Presidency
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016