AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
Sao Paolo (Agenzia Fides) - The city of Vargem Grande Paulista (SP) will host between 21 and 24 August, the "Ecumenism and Mission" Symposium.
The event, which is organized by the National Council of Christian Churches of Brazil (CONIC) in collaboration with the Pontifical Catholic University of Parana (PUC-PR) and the Board of Ecumenism, Laity and Mission of the Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB), will be based at the Mariapoli Ginetta Centre.
In addition to discussing the document "Christian Witness in a pluralistic world", prepared by the CMI, guests will be able to reflect on the historical path of the ecumenical movement in Brazil, having as a background the contribution of the Regional Conference of Bishops of the North-East and the Second Vatican Council. Parallel to this there will be an analysis of the challenges for the witness and Christian mission - as the name Symposium suggests - always in a theological perspective of inclusion and dialogue.
The note sent to Fides of the PMS in Brazil highlights the importance of this event after the increase of the formation activities of Christian communities in the region that are involving a huge number of participants. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/08/2014)
AMERICA/BRAZIL – THE "ECUMENISM AND THE MISSIONS" SYMPOSIUM BEGINS
- 2015-06-25 - More than 20,000 people every week prepare themselves for the feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- 2015-06-23 - Report of CIMI: suicide and infant mortality are decimating the indigenous population
- 2015-06-16 - On the border between Peru and Bolivia, crossroads of migrants
- 2015-06-16 - "No to prejudice, yes to rights and participation": week of Migrants
- 2015-06-10 - From Haiti to Brazil in the hands of human traffickers, with the hope of a better future
- 2015-05-27 - Bishops’ refelection: "Thinking Brazil", social inequalities in Brazil
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"