AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
Sao Paolo (Agenzia Fides) - The city of Vargem Grande Paulista (SP) will host between 21 and 24 August, the "Ecumenism and Mission" Symposium.
The event, which is organized by the National Council of Christian Churches of Brazil (CONIC) in collaboration with the Pontifical Catholic University of Parana (PUC-PR) and the Board of Ecumenism, Laity and Mission of the Conference of Brazilian Bishops (CNBB), will be based at the Mariapoli Ginetta Centre.
In addition to discussing the document "Christian Witness in a pluralistic world", prepared by the CMI, guests will be able to reflect on the historical path of the ecumenical movement in Brazil, having as a background the contribution of the Regional Conference of Bishops of the North-East and the Second Vatican Council. Parallel to this there will be an analysis of the challenges for the witness and Christian mission - as the name Symposium suggests - always in a theological perspective of inclusion and dialogue.
The note sent to Fides of the PMS in Brazil highlights the importance of this event after the increase of the formation activities of Christian communities in the region that are involving a huge number of participants. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/08/2014)
AMERICA/BRAZIL – THE "ECUMENISM AND THE MISSIONS" SYMPOSIUM BEGINS
- 2015-11-25 - National school feeding program to improve the living conditions of children and farmers
- 2015-11-23 - The presence of foreign missionaries enriches the Church in Brazil
- 2015-11-13 - Two more religious missionary nuns sent to Haiti: they will help children, youth and families
- 2015-10-30 - Bishops' message: Crisis in the country worsens, dialogue and democracy are needed
- 2015-10-20 - "Scalabrinian Mission": opening of a new reception center for refugees in Sao Paulo
- 2015-10-14 - "The wealth of Brazil should be better distributed" asks Mgr. Nicioli
- 2015-10-10 - The Church: it is urgent to save abandoned children and adolescents who have disappeared
- 2015-09-16 - "How many people have to die before they have justice?", since 1983 at least 50 indigenous leaders have been killed
- 2015-09-15 - Preparation for World Mission Sunday 2015 begins
- 2015-09-14 - Early Marriages: still half a million young newlyweds between 15 to 17 years of age