VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, said he was very moved and thanked Pope Francis for his spontaneous prayer for the "suffering people in Iraq" and for his personal Envoy in those lands. The prayer was expressed at the end of the prayer of the faithful during the Mass for peace and reconciliation celebrated in the Cathedral in Seoul, at the conclusion of Pope Francis' visit in Korea. After praying for world peace, for the Church, for the places of war, for those who suffer from separation and division, for the marginalized and the poor, he also added an unscripted prayer "for Cardinal Filoni who was supposed to be with us but was sent by the Pope to Iraq to help all minorities who suffer in that country. May the Lord be near him in his mission". (Agenzia Fides 19/08/2014)
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"
- 2015-04-09 - Cardinal Filoni: Iraqi families all expect to be able to return to their homes, and we are ready to help them start over
- 2015-04-08 - Easter 2015: "Our brothers and sisters are persecuted, exiled, killed and beheaded simply because they are Christians, they are our martyrs of today"
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"
- 2015-03-27 - Cardinal Filoni returns to Iraq to express the closeness and affection of the Pope to displaced families
- 2015-03-16 - VATICAN – Pope Francis: "Our brothers' and sisters' blood is shed only because they are Christians"