VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, said he was very moved and thanked Pope Francis for his spontaneous prayer for the "suffering people in Iraq" and for his personal Envoy in those lands. The prayer was expressed at the end of the prayer of the faithful during the Mass for peace and reconciliation celebrated in the Cathedral in Seoul, at the conclusion of Pope Francis' visit in Korea. After praying for world peace, for the Church, for the places of war, for those who suffer from separation and division, for the marginalized and the poor, he also added an unscripted prayer "for Cardinal Filoni who was supposed to be with us but was sent by the Pope to Iraq to help all minorities who suffer in that country. May the Lord be near him in his mission". (Agenzia Fides 19/08/2014)
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus
- 2014-09-22 - Bishops, called to give "a genuine missionary impulse" to their diocesan communities
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis
- 2014-08-19 - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers