VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, said he was very moved and thanked Pope Francis for his spontaneous prayer for the "suffering people in Iraq" and for his personal Envoy in those lands. The prayer was expressed at the end of the prayer of the faithful during the Mass for peace and reconciliation celebrated in the Cathedral in Seoul, at the conclusion of Pope Francis' visit in Korea. After praying for world peace, for the Church, for the places of war, for those who suffer from separation and division, for the marginalized and the poor, he also added an unscripted prayer "for Cardinal Filoni who was supposed to be with us but was sent by the Pope to Iraq to help all minorities who suffer in that country. May the Lord be near him in his mission". (Agenzia Fides 19/08/2014)
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"