VATICAN - Cardinal Filoni thanks the Pope for his prayers
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, said he was very moved and thanked Pope Francis for his spontaneous prayer for the "suffering people in Iraq" and for his personal Envoy in those lands. The prayer was expressed at the end of the prayer of the faithful during the Mass for peace and reconciliation celebrated in the Cathedral in Seoul, at the conclusion of Pope Francis' visit in Korea. After praying for world peace, for the Church, for the places of war, for those who suffer from separation and division, for the marginalized and the poor, he also added an unscripted prayer "for Cardinal Filoni who was supposed to be with us but was sent by the Pope to Iraq to help all minorities who suffer in that country. May the Lord be near him in his mission". (Agenzia Fides 19/08/2014)
- 2015-11-12 - Statement from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2015-11-03 - Pope's appeal for Central Africa: "put an end to this cycle of violence"
- 2015-10-29 - Cardinal Filoni: Only peace will save the indigenous Christian communities in Mesopotamia
- 2015-10-28 - Appeal from the 5 continents: "The fight against climate change must respect the rights of the poor"
- 2015-10-28 - Urbaniana University: to form men and women capable of becoming bridges of relationships and instruments of mutual understanding
- 2015-10-16 - The Missionary Rosary for World Mission Day and the 50th anniversary of the "Ad Gentes" decree
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel