AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Dialogues of Peace between the government and FARC
Havana (Agenzia Fides) - Meeting number 27 of the Dialogues of Peace in Cuba between the Government of Colombia and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) has begun. The meeting scheduled for yesterday, August 12 sees tension in the country due to several attacks by rebel groups. Even President Juan Manuel Santos has spoken out with energetic admonitions in this regard: "The patience of the Colombians and the international community is not infinite", he said last week.
According to the note sent to Fides by a local source, this meeting will be crucial for several reasons: it will be the first face-to-face with victims (scheduled for August 16), one will speak about the "delivery" of weapons on behalf of group of fighters, as well as, for the first time, of a definitive bilateral ceasefire.
The points which concern Rural Development (see Fides 08/11/2013), political participation (see Fides 31/03/2014), the problem of drugs and drug trafficking (see Fides 17/05/2014) have already been approved and now this is the moment for the victims. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2014)
- 2015-07-31 - Day of Protest against human trafficking: child soldiers still used by FARC
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez