AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Dialogues of Peace between the government and FARC
Havana (Agenzia Fides) - Meeting number 27 of the Dialogues of Peace in Cuba between the Government of Colombia and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) has begun. The meeting scheduled for yesterday, August 12 sees tension in the country due to several attacks by rebel groups. Even President Juan Manuel Santos has spoken out with energetic admonitions in this regard: "The patience of the Colombians and the international community is not infinite", he said last week.
According to the note sent to Fides by a local source, this meeting will be crucial for several reasons: it will be the first face-to-face with victims (scheduled for August 16), one will speak about the "delivery" of weapons on behalf of group of fighters, as well as, for the first time, of a definitive bilateral ceasefire.
The points which concern Rural Development (see Fides 08/11/2013), political participation (see Fides 31/03/2014), the problem of drugs and drug trafficking (see Fides 17/05/2014) have already been approved and now this is the moment for the victims. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2014)
- 2015-10-09 - Cardinal Pimiento: "Vote-buying is a crime"
- 2015-10-02 - Become peacemakers: 400 priests offer the opportunity to receive the sacrament of reconciliation
- 2015-09-24 - Colombia towards peace through the path of reconciliation
- 2015-09-11 - Week of Peace: Colombians want a date for talks with the ELN
- 2015-09-07 - The Bishop of Cucuta marches in defense of the rights of Colombians
- 2015-09-03 - Meeting of the Bishops of Colombia and Venezuela on the border area crisis
- 2015-09-03 - Dengue haemorrhagic fever affects children in Huila
- 2015-08-20 - Pope Francis: a delegate of the Holy See in the peace process
- 2015-08-13 - Consolidating REDPAM Catholic Pan-Amazon church network
- 2015-08-12 - “Let the people speak about mining activity”, Bishops’ statement