AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Dialogues of Peace between the government and FARC
Havana (Agenzia Fides) - Meeting number 27 of the Dialogues of Peace in Cuba between the Government of Colombia and the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) has begun. The meeting scheduled for yesterday, August 12 sees tension in the country due to several attacks by rebel groups. Even President Juan Manuel Santos has spoken out with energetic admonitions in this regard: "The patience of the Colombians and the international community is not infinite", he said last week.
According to the note sent to Fides by a local source, this meeting will be crucial for several reasons: it will be the first face-to-face with victims (scheduled for August 16), one will speak about the "delivery" of weapons on behalf of group of fighters, as well as, for the first time, of a definitive bilateral ceasefire.
The points which concern Rural Development (see Fides 08/11/2013), political participation (see Fides 31/03/2014), the problem of drugs and drug trafficking (see Fides 17/05/2014) have already been approved and now this is the moment for the victims. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2014)
- 2015-03-04 - Meeting of Bishops Emeritus
- 2015-03-02 - Testimony of Mgr. Vidal: "Promises arrive in Cúcuta, never decisions"
- 2015-02-21 - Lent: multimedia “On the way to Easter”
- 2015-02-10 - The proposal of the FARC divides public opinion
- 2015-01-29 - Nearly 50 000 children victims of homicide because of armed conflict
- 2015-01-26 - We need leaders who are committed and not "deaf and dumb authorities" says Mgr. Epalza
- 2014-12-22 - Even from pain comes the hope of peace, the process continues
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10